M400 failing to recognise m3u playlists

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues M400 failing to recognise m3u playlists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi There,
    I am running Firefly version 1596 on a Linkstation Live.
    I am successfully streaming my MP3s to a Pinnacle Homemusic (M400) running v3.0.44 software and also to XP SP2 clients running iTunes. The Linkstaion is connected to my USR9106 router and the M400 and iTunes clients are connected wirelessly. I installed over a week ago and everything works perfectly – I haven’t been able to fault the setup as it is very stable including the use of smart playlists which were setup via the web interface.
    The problem I am having is with m3u playlists. I have set up numerous types in my MP3 directory using relative, absolute, uppercase, lowercase characters and I cannot get the M400 to see them. I have manually typed them and also used Media Player to generate them. I have modifed the mt-daapd.conf file and changed the process_m3u parameter to 1 (and un-commented the line). I then restarted my linkstation (and mt-daapd) and ran a full scan of my MP3 directory, but it still failed to find the m3u playlists and none of them appear on the M400.
    I have searched the forums, but I can see lots of people having problems with empty playlists — I can’t even get that far. Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?
    Thanks
    Steve
    ps. Great Software

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,
    I searched the forums and found this post related to svn 1586 (the version I am running).
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6470&highlight=m3u+playlists
    I appear to be missing a scanning section in my mt-daapd.conf file – can anyone help me with this. I have added a process_playlist=1 into my existing file, stopped firefly, restarted and then ran a full scan but the playlists are still not appearing.
    Anyone offer any advice ?
    Thanks
    Steve

sonichouse
    Participant

If it helps, here is my config file with the comments removed

[general]
    web_root = /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    port = 3689
    admin_pw = mypassword
    db_type = sqlite3
    db_parms = /opt/var/mt-daapd
    mp3_dir = /share/hdd/data/public/mp3
    servername = %h Music
    runas = guest
    playlist = /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.ogg,.flac
    ssc_codectypes = ogg,flac,alac
    ssc_prog = /opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    logfile = /var/log/mt-daapd.log
    rescan_interval = 0
    always_scan = 0
    scan_type = 0
    debuglevel = 5

[scanning]
    process_playlists = 1
    process_m3u = 1
    concat_compilations = 1

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins
    plugins = rsp.so,ssc-script.so
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sonichouse,
    Thanks for the info. I have added a [scanning] section in my mt-daapd.conf file and copied your settings in. I can now see the playlists and the M400 can find the songs as well.
    Thanks for all your your help
    Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.