loss of power-loss of firefly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    moorashj
    Participant

OK, need major help. power went out (since back on)and no longer can the Roku m1001 access my music on my computer. I can see the roku asking to connect to firefly but when I check ok, it says it is unable to connect. The roku shows up on my network ok so I know it has connection to computer. I have firefly go on when windows starts up. I have tried to close it and start it manually but then says there is no server found. It was working great before power went off in my home. Any help would be appreciated since I am ready to throw it out the window.

rpedde
    Participant

@moorashj wrote:

OK, need major help. power went out (since back on)and no longer can the Roku m1001 access my music on my computer. I can see the roku asking to connect to firefly but when I check ok, it says it is unable to connect. The roku shows up on my network ok so I know it has connection to computer. I have firefly go on when windows starts up. I have tried to close it and start it manually but then says there is no server found. It was working great before power went off in my home. Any help would be appreciated since I am ready to throw it out the window.

Reboot the roku. When it loses connection, sometimes it doesn’t reconnect right. Not sure why, bt I’ve seen it more than once.

moorashj
    Participant

Tried rebooting a thousand times. I can play hte internet radio but not firefly. Can’t imagine what is wrong..HELP!

fizze
    Participant

How’s the Roku connected to the computer?
    Maybe your wireless router, (or similiar) also suffered from the outage?

Apart from that, try to disconnect the SoundBridge from the power outlet for a few seconds, then plug the power back in (cold boot).

Did you try any other devices or programs to connect to firefly?

GIT is a nice and easy way to see wether firefly itself is working.

rpedde
    Participant

@moorashj wrote:

Tried rebooting a thousand times. I can play hte internet radio but not firefly. Can’t imagine what is wrong..HELP!

What fizze said, and iTunes also is a good tool to see if the the problem is the roku or the firefly server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.