Linux WMA lossless status?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scott53326

HI Ron/Others,

A couple months back I tried getting firefly(mt-daapd) running on my linux box at home to play my collection of wma lossless files). I was trying to setup the scripts to use mplayer(plays wma lossless files fine) to stream out, but it did not work because I could never get mplayer patched to get rid of all the header info and just pass the stream.

I have not checked back since yesterday at which time I searched for lossless and linux and did not come up with much.

Does anyone have firefly setup to do this? If so what am I missing?

-Scott

rpedde
    Participant

@scott53326 wrote:

HI Ron/Others,

A couple months back I tried getting firefly(mt-daapd) running on my linux box at home to play my collection of wma lossless files). I was trying to setup the scripts to use mplayer(plays wma lossless files fine) to stream out, but it did not work because I could never get mplayer patched to get rid of all the header info and just pass the stream.

I have not checked back since yesterday at which time I searched for lossless and linux and did not come up with much.

Does anyone have firefly setup to do this? If so what am I missing?

-Scott

no joy with this? That’s probably fairly old by now, but probably close.

scott53326

Hmmm..I think I did try that link last time but I’ll give it a go again this coming weekend. As I recall that older version of mplayer that the patch is made against would not compile on my suse 10.1 distro ver nicely, but I could be wrong. I can’t remember last week let alone 2 months ago. 🙂

I’ll post my results over the weekend. Thanks Ron.

-Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.