Library scanning problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@josejuan05 wrote:

I have mt-daapd setup using Ubuntu Linux and a directory of music under /music. This directory contains artist subdirectories and album subdirectories under those. If one of the album subdirectories, for example /music/yellowcard/lights_and_sounds is set as the mp3_directory the files will show up without any problems. However, if I set it simply as /music nothing will show up and the service won’t even show up in iTunes on my client PC running Windows XP. If anyone has any suggestions or explanations on how I can use all the files in subdirectories in /music your help would be greatly appreciated

First, what version is it?

It must be having a problem scanning. You can test it by running it in the foreground. You can run it something like:

foo@server:~$ mt-daapd -f -c /etc/mt-daapd.conf -d9

it will churn out a bunch of debug information, and when it crashes or stops scanning, you can look at the end of the debug info generated, and see if it helps you figure out whats going on.

— Ron

josejuan05
    Participant

I have mt-daapd setup using Ubuntu Linux and a directory of music under /music. This directory contains artist subdirectories and album subdirectories under those. If one of the album subdirectories, for example /music/yellowcard/lights_and_sounds is set as the mp3_directory the files will show up without any problems. However, if I set it simply as /music nothing will show up and the service won’t even show up in iTunes on my client PC running Windows XP. If anyone has any suggestions or explanations on how I can use all the files in subdirectories in /music your help would be greatly appreciated

fizze
    Participant

are you sure you are patient enough ?
    do you see the mt-daapd processes running ?

Scanning a few K mp3’s might take a few minutes or more depending on your scan_option.

Secondly, check /var/log/messages or the mt-daapd.log for any reasons.
    Maybe in some directory, theres a particuliar file mt-daapd doesnt like.

svizi

I have a sort of same problem concerning scanning the library. I have moved over my mt-daapd machine some mp3 using samba. I then deleted them but i have still on my itunes some of the songs that i have previously deleted. I stopped mt-daapd and then restarted it but it doesn’t seem to work.

rpedde
    Participant

@svizi wrote:

I have a sort of same problem concerning scanning the library. I have moved over my mt-daapd machine some mp3 using samba. I then deleted them but i have still on my itunes some of the songs that i have previously deleted. I stopped mt-daapd and then restarted it but it doesn’t seem to work.

If you don’t have background scans turned on, then it won’t notice that the files have changed. Also, the nightlies now don’t scan at startup, so that it can advertise faster.

So you can run with -s to force a scan at startup, or you can use the web interface (http://server:port, login as any user, using the admin_pw as a password), and hit the “Scan” button on the status page.

— Ron

svizi

I did have a scan interval of 3600 ( this should be seconds or what ?) but i turned it off. My scan type was 2 and i turned it to 0 but unfortunately nothing happens. I did started a scan from the status page but the files that i have deleted are still present.

rpedde
    Participant

@svizi wrote:

I did have a scan interval of 3600 ( this should be seconds or what ?) but i turned it off. My scan type was 2 and i turned it to 0 but unfortunately nothing happens. I did started a scan from the status page but the files that i have deleted are still present.

Is this 0.2.4? If so there is a bug when moving files.

You can always start it with -r, and that will reload the whole db from scratch.

svizi

Yes it’s mt-daapd 0.2.4. I’ll write back tommorow what will happen if i use the -r argument.

svizi

Can you write how can i start mt-daapd with the -r argument.

svizi

OK i wrote sudo mt-daapd -r and it seems that everything works fine now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.