laregest file size supported by mt-daapd

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion laregest file size supported by mt-daapd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joseph
    Participant

I am new to mt-daapd, and I met a problem that the itunes could not show a 4GB media file from the mt-daapd server setupped by me.
    And the mt-daapd does not provide any document related to this issue. So I want to ask what the largest file size is, which the mt-daapd support. Looking forward that somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance,
    Joseph

rpedde
    Participant

@joseph wrote:

I am new to mt-daapd, and I met a problem that the itunes could not show a 4GB media file from the mt-daapd server setupped by me.
    And the mt-daapd does not provide any document related to this issue. So I want to ask what the largest file size is, which the mt-daapd support. Looking forward that somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance,
    Joseph

Right now, there isn’t large file support, so it only supports 2gb files.

I have code in svn right now for large file support on windows, and hope to work toward large file support for other platforms soon.

— Ron

joseph
    Participant

Hi,
    When will the mt-daapd enable large file support for linux?
    Or could you provide one patch file based on the mt-daapd-0.3.0.tar.gz linux version to provide large file support, if it is convenient to you?
    Thanks.

Regards
    Joseph

rpedde
    Participant

@joseph wrote:

Hi,
    When will the mt-daapd enable large file support for linux?
    Or could you provide one patch file based on the mt-daapd-0.3.0.tar.gz linux version to provide large file support, if it is convenient to you?
    Thanks.

Regards
    Joseph

I hope to have the new file & socket io stuff in the next few days, and solidify it over the next couple weeks. I’ll be working on 64-bit file io during that time period.

The thing I’m mostly missing is a >2G source file. Can you describe an easy way to make one?

joseph
    Participant

Use your digital camera to take a video if you have one, and video file can easily reach >2GB.

Do you have a plan to make a patch to the version mentioned by me above?

One issue I want to share to you. I have tried the mt-daapd source code, and enabled LARGE FILE SUPPORT “-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64” Macros of gcc used by the mt-daapd. The >2G media file information can be fetched from mt-daapd server, but the >2G media file on mt-daapd server can still not be played by itunes.

Regards
    Joseph

rpedde
    Participant

@joseph wrote:

Use your digital camera to take a video if you have one, and video file can easily reach >2GB.

Do you have a plan to make a patch to the version mentioned by me above?

One issue I want to share to you. I have tried the mt-daapd source code, and enabled LARGE FILE SUPPORT “-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64” Macros of gcc used by the mt-daapd. The >2G media file information can be fetched from mt-daapd server, but the >2G media file on mt-daapd server can still not be played by itunes.

Regards
    Joseph

Ah, then can’t be fixed with iTunes then.

Should work with Banshee and other clients though. I’ll go ahead and fix the 64 bit support and then whenever iTunes works, then it will work with firefly.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.