iTunes smart playlists

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    brnstormwilly
    Participant

Hello,

So, I’ve scanned the forum and, well, I guess I’m not gettin’ it. I successfully installed FireFly on my PC and it initially found my iTunes smart playlists. But then, suddenly, after I made some changes to my playlists in iTunes they disappeared from FireFly. Does it have something to do with the fact that my iTunes music is in a different folder than the standard “my music”?

What’s the best way to integrate iTunes playlists with FireFly?

PS: beautiful app BTW. Beats the tar out of iTunes in terms of Roku performance.

rpedde
    Participant

@brnstormwilly wrote:

Hello,

So, I’ve scanned the forum and, well, I guess I’m not gettin’ it. I successfully installed FireFly on my PC and it initially found my iTunes smart playlists. But then, suddenly, after I made some changes to my playlists in iTunes they disappeared from FireFly. Does it have something to do with the fact that my iTunes music is in a different folder than the standard “my music”?

Right. Even though the *music* isn’t in my music, the file that has all he iTunes playlists is (iTunes Music Library.xml).

So you still have to add your “my music” directory to the music list. You can add multiple music folders in the web admin page, though. (from the tray app: server -> web adminstration -> configuration).

— Ron

brnstormwilly
    Participant

Ok, so I’ve added the “My Music” folder and verified that the XML file there has my playlists, rebooted FireFly, ran a full scan, and still no playlists. In iTunes I am only sharing certain playlists (vs. all). Is that an issue?

rpedde
    Participant

@brnstormwilly wrote:

Ok, so I’ve added the “My Music” folder and verified that the XML file there has my playlists, rebooted FireFly, ran a full scan, and still no playlists. In iTunes I am only sharing certain playlists (vs. all). Is that an issue?

No, shouldn’t be. The only other settings that influence that are the one called (incorrectly) process_m3u, which really controls whether or not it processes *any* playlists.

Is your music on a network share? If so, there is an issue there, as well, covered here

— Ron

brnstormwilly
    Participant

Aha!

“The only other settings that influence that are the one called (incorrectly) process_m3u”

I had turned that off because I only wanted my iTunes playlists. Issue resolved.

Thanks a bunch!

rpedde
    Participant

@brnstormwilly wrote:

Aha!

“The only other settings that influence that are the one called (incorrectly) process_m3u”

I had turned that off because I only wanted my iTunes playlists. Issue resolved.

Thanks a bunch!

Clearly this config value must be renamed. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.