iTunes Playlists?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a Pinnacle Soundbridge wirelessley connected to an Apple iMac. Largely thanks to this Forum I have finally got it playing browsed music from my iTunes library. It has taken me hours and I feel that I have been misled with the plug and play scenario given in reviews and on the box. I realise this is a Pinnacle shortfall but would not have bought the thing if I’d known in advance.

My final hurdle is for the Soundbridge to display and play iTunes playlists that I have or will create on my iMac. I know there is a problem at the moment with iTunes 7 but when this is resolved will the Soundbridge automatically pick up my playlists? And what playlist file should I specify on my configuration page? It’s currently set to a default one: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Firefly/firefly.playlist. My files are all Mp3 or M4a.

If it won’t do this easily it’s going back!

Thanks in advance for any help.

cromei
    Participant

Have you turned on the process .m3u files in the config page?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I have. It results in one playlist being generated for one song. I have about 20 playlists in iTunes, that playlist is not one of them. My shared music file in iTunes shows my iMac one complete with playlists (unusable by Soundbridge but picked up on a Powerbook I have) and a Firefly one from ths same Music/iTunes library but with no playlists.

Soundbridge still shows “0” playlists.

Anonymous
    Inactive

…….but I managed to delete that 1 song, it was in my music iTunes library as one m3u file. Now playlists are slowly appearing on my Firefly playlist page. Guess it takes a while to build up. Thanks VERY much, I think you’ve solved my problem. Presumably as I change playlists in iTunes, Firefly updates. Well it’s taken me hours and caused a lot of grief from my wife but I think it finally works as I expected.

Thanks again!

cromei
    Participant

No problem,
    Once the system is up and running it is sooooo nice! 🙂
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@ajp wrote:

…….but I managed to delete that 1 song, it was in my music iTunes library as one m3u file. Now playlists are slowly appearing on my Firefly playlist page. Guess it takes a while to build up. Thanks VERY much, I think you’ve solved my problem. Presumably as I change playlists in iTunes, Firefly updates. Well it’s taken me hours and caused a lot of grief from my wife but I think it finally works as I expected.

Thanks again!

Also, try the latest nightlies… there are large speed improvements with scanning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.