iTunes not updating after new scan

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes not updating after new scan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hcibeau
    Participant

I assumed that after rescanning via. the web interface the new playlists ( assuming I added new .m3u files ) would show up in iTunes. As far as I can tell, it does not work that way.

The new playlist does show up when I reconnect, but it seems like this is something that should probably “just happen” without having to reconnect to the server every time I add new files and playlists.

Maybe it is a side effect of one of the other background scanning features? Or maybe it just is not implemented yet? Or maybe I have something else wrong… like I am not waiting long enough? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@hcibeau wrote:

I assumed that after rescanning via. the web interface the new playlists ( assuming I added new .m3u files ) would show up in iTunes. As far as I can tell, it does not work that way.

The new playlist does show up when I reconnect, but it seems like this is something that should probably “just happen” without having to reconnect to the server every time I add new files and playlists.

Maybe it is a side effect of one of the other background scanning features? Or maybe it just is not implemented yet? Or maybe I have something else wrong… like I am not waiting long enough? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!

Nope, just that incremental updates aren’t implemented yet. It requires adding version numbers to the database, and I just haven’t done it yet.

I will do, though. Just takes some time.

— Ron

hcibeau
    Participant

Alright, thanks for the reply.

Anything I can do to help? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.