iTunes: no playlists

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    waterfly
    Participant

Hello everybody

I installed the “mt-daapd_svn-1498-1_armeb.ipk” on the Freecom Storage Gateway, configured everything but I can’t see the library in iTunes. When I access the admin-pages I see that the computer connected is “serving xml-rpc method”. I tried restarting the computer and the NAS and enabling and disabling “look for shared libraries” but it still doesn’t work (I checked also parental controls).

I don’t know which informations you need, so don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance very much for your help.

rpedde
    Participant

@waterfly wrote:

Hello everybody

I installed the “mt-daapd_svn-1498-1_armeb.ipk” on the Freecom Storage Gateway, configured everything but I can’t see the library in iTunes. When I access the admin-pages I see that the computer connected is “serving xml-rpc method”. I tried restarting the computer and the NAS and enabling and disabling “look for shared libraries” but it still doesn’t work (I checked also parental controls).

I don’t know which informations you need, so don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance very much for your help.

What does your network look like? Is there wireless involved? How are each of the units (PC, router, FSG) connect to each other? What kind of wireless router do you have?

This sounds like the common multicast problem.

waterfly
    Participant

Here the answers:

What does your network look like?

2 Computers connected to the FSG (the FSG is a NAS and a router).

Is there wireless involved?

Yes. 1 Computer connects with wireless, the other directly with an ethernet-cable.

How are each of the units (PC, router, FSG) connect to each other?

Through the FSG.

What kind of wireless router do you have?

As already said the FSG.

CCRDude
    Participant

@waterfly wrote:

Here the answers:
    […]

Is there wireless involved?

Yes. 1 Computer connects with wireless, the other directly with an ethernet-cable.

And neither of them sees Firefly, or just the wireless one (since you just spoke about “the computer”, not about both)?

And what does the web interface say about Bonjours status?
    (though I’m not sure if that is necessary or even correct, it’s showing “stopped” here currently and working anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰ but probably should show “running”)

waterfly
    Participant

I’ve the same problem (unfortunately ๐Ÿ™ ) on both computers.

Informations on the server status page:

Bonjour 	Running
    Firefly Media Server Running
    File scanner Idle

Songs 650
    Songs Served 0
    DB Version 2

Client IP Action
    192.168.1.135 Serving xml-rpc method
    rpedde
    Participant

@waterfly wrote:

I’ve the same problem (unfortunately ๐Ÿ™ ) on both computers.

Informations on the server status page:

Bonjour 	Running
    Firefly Media Server Running
    File scanner Idle

Songs 650
    Songs Served 0
    DB Version 2

Client IP Action
    192.168.1.135 Serving xml-rpc method

http://www.openfsg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14028&sid=9103f3c72aa184219e4ca0e84080c5ec

This looks to be a multicast issue. You’ll need to make sure you aren’t firewalling anything on the fsg. You’ll need to allow inbound from 224.0.0.251 destined to udp port 5353, and outbound to 224.0.0.251 either to or from udp port 5353.

Also, you’ll need to enable inbound tcp on port 3689.

Bottom line is that you aren’t seeing multicast packets. Most likely it’s because of firewall on the fsg.

— Ron

waterfly
    Participant

Thank you for the link, I tried everything mentioned there. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work: I can access the admin-pages, but I don’t see the playlist in iTunes. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

stephan2000
    Participant

hello to all,

i’m a firefly and roku soundbridge newbie and have the same problems.
    i can access to the admin page and can browse by title, artist or album name about my complete library but there are no playlist from itunes found by the soundbridge.

i don’t know if it’s either a firefly or soundbridge problem?
    i update the soundbridge to the lastet software version 2.7.78 which supports itunes 7.x.

so, where’s the different between accessing to the singles files and accessing the playlist that are created in itunes?
    in itunes a have also a “firefly mediaserver” entry where the same number of tracks is shown as in the itunes library.

i post the same in the soundbridge user forum, because i don’t know what do know.

thanks for any help.

stephan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.