itunes 7.3 (iphone release) and playlists in firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion itunes 7.3 (iphone release) and playlists in firefly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charlessain
    Participant

Is anyone having trouble with their playlists showing up in firefly after upgrading to itunes 7.3? I’m wondering if the format of the itunes library changed or if I have another configuration issue (it was working beforehand.)

I can’t believe i fell for another itunes update after they screwed everyone with the 7 release…oh well.

Thanks,

Charles

rpedde
    Participant

@charlessain wrote:

Is anyone having trouble with their playlists showing up in firefly after upgrading to itunes 7.3? I’m wondering if the format of the itunes library changed or if I have another configuration issue (it was working beforehand.)

I can’t believe i fell for another itunes update after they screwed everyone with the 7 release…oh well.

Thanks,

Charles

Quick test seems to be working here.

What version of mt-daapd, and mac or windows?

charlessain
    Participant

Running svn-1463 on an XP box but all media and playlists are held on a networked Vista box. MP3 files are being found / processed and served fine by firefly…but no joy on itunes 7.3 playlists.

It is possible that my configuration wasn’t working beforehand (I could have just had really old playlists in there and I didn’t notice they weren’t being updated) but I think they were working.

Question – I had to open the firefly config file and manually enter the UNC location (\mediaservermp3folder) location into that file…but I entered the UNC location for the playlist DB (\mediaservermusiciTunes) into the web interface. It seemed to take this way, but I don’t see that value in the config file.

Also, just to answer a likely question, yes – i have the firefly service running under my user account and not the system account. Yes, I can open the UNC folder locations from the firefly box (both of them) without entering any additional login info.

After doing all of this and running a full scan, the only playlist that shows in the ff web interface is the 1/Library/Smart entry…

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles

rpedde
    Participant

@charlessain wrote:

Running svn-1463 on an XP box but all media and playlists are held on a networked Vista box. MP3 files are being found / processed and served fine by firefly…but no joy on itunes 7.3 playlists.

It is possible that my configuration wasn’t working beforehand (I could have just had really old playlists in there and I didn’t notice they weren’t being updated) but I think they were working.

Question – I had to open the firefly config file and manually enter the UNC location (\mediaservermp3folder) location into that file…but I entered the UNC location for the playlist DB (\mediaservermusiciTunes) into the web interface. It seemed to take this way, but I don’t see that value in the config file.

Also, just to answer a likely question, yes – i have the firefly service running under my user account and not the system account. Yes, I can open the UNC folder locations from the firefly box (both of them) without entering any additional login info.

After doing all of this and running a full scan, the only playlist that shows in the ff web interface is the 1/Library/Smart entry…

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles

the iTunes Music Library.xml has to be under the music path. So you can either leave the music path to your “my music/iTunes” directory, and let it pick up the files from the unc path in the iTunes music library.xml, or just add “my music/iTunes” to your music directories and have it pick up the playlists that way.

charlessain
    Participant

Added the Itunes database folder UNC location to the media file locations (again, I had to edit the .conf file directly to do this…but that’s no big deal) and it worked perfectly. All playlists now appear.

Thanks!

Charles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.