itunes 7.1.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ghedo
    Participant

upgrade itunes to last version /7.1.x/ on mac intel and now i’m not able to user my mt-daap (build 1498) . I tunes saya to me:

the share library is not accessible for unknow reason (-3260)

no firewall onmy apple nor on my linux box

rpedde
    Participant

@ghedo wrote:

upgrade itunes to last version /7.1.x/ on mac intel and now i’m not able to user my mt-daap (build 1498) . I tunes saya to me:

the share library is not accessible for unknow reason (-3260)

no firewall onmy apple nor on my linux box

Can you get to the web interface on the machine? Just curious, as I haven’t seen any 7.1 problems with firefly. In fact, compatibility seems better than with any previous version.

Ted Harper
    Participant

I updated my Mac Mini (Intel, OSX 10.4.9) to iTunes 7.1.1 just now, up from 7.1.0 a week or so ago.

Firefly – in my case the latest nightly from about 6 weeks ago running on a NSLU2 NAS device – is definitely still working as a shared music server to iTunes with my installation of iTunes 7.1.1 (as it was with 7.1.0 also).

Front Row on the Mac is also working successfully as a client to Firefly still with iTunes 7.1.1 installed (started working for me with 7.1.0 so I’m glad it wasn’t a false dawn and has indeed continued with the next point release of iTunes).

It doesn’t seem to be an overall problem then affecting all users. To the OP, can your Mac running iTunes 7.1.x successfully display and play music from a “real” iTunes running on another PC or Mac in your network? Have any router or networking changes at all (firmware update to router, change in subnetting or IP addressing within your local LAN, routing through a filtering/caching/routing Linux box which might have had some software or config change, etc) been made since Firefly->iTunes was working with iTunes on that Mac?

I’m not sure I can add any useful advice other than the above, but hopefully the fact that I have an Intel Mac running iTunes 7.1.1 and Firefly svn-1489 running on a Linux-based NAS and that it _is_ working without any particular configuration should at least give you hope that it is “just” a configuration issue rather than overall brokenness.

ted.h.

ghedo
    Participant

Tnk’s 4 the replay

This is my setup
    m1 : mac intel itunes 7.1.x , exporting library
    m2 : mac ppc itunes 7.0, exporting ibrary
    l1 : the linux machine with mt-daap

all the pc are on the same network (a private subnet C class)

m2 see and play music from m1 and l1
    m1 see the share from m1 and l1 ,BUT is able to play only music from m2

m1 e m2 are able to connect to the web page of mt on l1

no firewall

using bonjour browser i find that m1 can’t fine the local link address for l1 (but find the local address of m2)

ghed

rpedde
    Participant

@ghedo wrote:

using bonjour browser i find that m1 can’t fine the local link address for l1 (but find the local address of m2)

Ah, well that’s your issue then. What kind of linux box is it, and what are you using for an mdns server? Are you running an existing mdns server like avahi or howl? If so, then that’s your issue — the built-in mdns is getting stepped on by the external one.

There are options to build with support for either howl or avahi, so that’s probalby the way you want to go if that’s the issue.

Did you install from source, or install an existing package?

ghedo
    Participant

The linux box is the same till 1999.
    ( 2.4.20-46.9 kernel)
    I don’t use an external mdns
    I use only mt-daap
    I aways use night uild -> so i compile from tgz (currenti 1498)

๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@ghedo wrote:

The linux box is the same till 1999.
    ( 2.4.20-46.9 kernel)
    I don’t use an external mdns
    I use only mt-daap
    I aways use night uild -> so i compile from tgz (currenti 1498)

๐Ÿ™‚

Does the machine with problems (m1) have a diffrent network setup? Static versus dhcp? Different netmask? Anything like that?

ghedo
    Participant

no, m1 and m2 have static ip , same netmask, same dns, sma route , same subnet. the problem started after the itunes/max os x update made 10 day ago…
    Dpo U know another daap palyer on max os x?! ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@ghedo wrote:

no, m1 and m2 have static ip , same netmask, same dns, sma route , same subnet. the problem started after the itunes/max os x update made 10 day ago…
    Dpo U know another daap palyer on max os x?! ๐Ÿ™‚

Not really.. GetItTogether ought to work, as it’s a java application. Haven’t tried it though.

Blue Coconut?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.