Install Package for SUSE 10.2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    qmanblue
    Participant

I am looking to get firefly working on my new OpenSuse Server (AMD64). I noticed in posts from last year that a SUSE package was “coming soon”. I ddin’t see any such package, so…. a few questions.

Is there one? If not, is one still expected soon? If not one now, which download should I go after? The Tar or ?

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@qmanblue wrote:

I am looking to get firefly working on my new OpenSuse Server (AMD64). I noticed in posts from last year that a SUSE package was “coming soon”. I ddin’t see any such package, so…. a few questions.

Is there one? If not, is one still expected soon? If not one now, which download should I go after? The Tar or ?

Thanks.

Ahhh… yes… I think my definition of soon wasn’t very accurate.

The tarball should work, but I think the rpm specfiles I have are too old to work. So you’ll probably have ot build from source completely.

Just remember to configure with –prefix=/usr

— Ron

qmanblue
    Participant

Ok, I appologize, but I am a noob when it come to Linux (VMS, Windows, DOS, – no prob).

So I assume I need to pick up the source from some where, compile it (into the kernel?) and then install it.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Do I use the tarball for the source? How do I build? Does the build approach differ if I want to include WMAL transcoding support?

I appreciate any help you could give in pointing me in the right direction so I could muddle through (so far I have reached the point where I can install several different distros and get a fully operational Samba Server with each, so I am slowly making progress)

Thanks, and thanks for your work on firefly. I currently have it running on my Windows 2000 Server, and it is a really nice package.

rpedde
    Participant

@qmanblue wrote:

Ok, I appologize, but I am a noob when it come to Linux (VMS, Windows, DOS, – no prob).

So I assume I need to pick up the source from some where, compile it (into the kernel?) and then install it.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Do I use the tarball for the source? How do I build? Does the build approach differ if I want to include WMAL transcoding support?

I appreciate any help you could give in pointing me in the right direction so I could muddle through (so far I have reached the point where I can install several different distros and get a fully operational Samba Server with each, so I am slowly making progress)

Thanks, and thanks for your work on firefly. I currently have it running on my Windows 2000 Server, and it is a really nice package.

This is pretty close:

http://wiki.mt-daapd.org/wiki/Quickstart_Tarball

That’s for 0.2.4, though, and should be updated to say that you need the -devel packages for sqlite3, and must also add –enable-sqlite3 to the configure invocation.

Other than that, it’s a fair guide.

I’ll try to work up something for nightlies and put it up at wiki.fireflymediaserver.org

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.