id3 tags v2.4 svn-1018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sax
    Participant

in itunes you can convert id3 tags to different versions by right clicking on the tracks and then “convert id3 tags” or something like that.

If I select version 2.4, then the files show up from mt-daapd as having no artist or album. The solution was to drop them back to 2.3 then force a reload on the database.

Which brings me to another topic as well… is there a way to force an update for a specific directory perhaps instead of the entire database? In my case, I have over 70GB of music across some 13,000+ files. If I change say the id3 tag of a single album, is it possible to have it re-update just that album?

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

That’s libid3tag thing. I read the tags right from libid3tag, so if it doesn’t pick them up, that’s why.

Are you at the latest version?

As far as update, it should do that anyway. If it does a background scan, it compares the timestamp in the database with the file update time. It only does a reindex if it sees that the file has been changed.

— Ron

Sax
    Participant

Thanks for the update…

I’ll check into my libid3tag… not sure about that one, didn’t even think of that. For some reason I thought you were reading them in yourself but it makes sense to use libid3tag 🙂

And as far as it updating, ok so it uses the timestamp, excellent. I take this to mean that if I delete files and such as well, when it rescans it’ll remove them as well, etc.

rpedde
    Participant

Yup, although there is some weirdness with static playlists because I don’t support the incremental update style that iTunes does. It’s on my list pre-0.3.0, though.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.