I just dont get it….,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok im obviously missing something very simple here, be kind im n00b ๐Ÿ˜›

Im running mt-daapd-svn-1463 on a buffalo linkstation1 ( PPC ) using openlink and ive managed to install everything after a nightmare of building according to the wiki here

http://nas-central.org/index.php/Firefly_Openlink

Firefly is up and running and i have a web interface, ive added music to it ( on the NAS ) and its made a smart playlist however i cant seem to access it via iTunes on my pc, it asks for password and user i give it and it tries to connect but no music?

Im sure im missing something really simple here but ive painfully looked through all of the forum posts and unless ive missed something somewhere along the line after hours of eyebleed.

Im almost positive that its something to do with itunes that im missing, but i could be wrong as i often am.

In short im asking.., in simple terms.., how do i stream music to my client PC from firefly on the NAS? (its connected to a router, i have no firewalls and the NAS is on a local address) If its as easy as adding the URL to ITunes then something is amiss.

Can someone please shoot me in the right direction?

Its working through the applet.html.., but for the life of me i cant figure out how to make it work through itunes.

fizze
    Participant

You gotta make iTunes look for shared music. Simple as that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

You gotta make iTunes look for shared music. Simple as that. ๐Ÿ™‚

That would mean opening windows file sharing or not?

In itunes that would be in edit>preferences>sharing right?

I did that and still no joy ๐Ÿ˜

Daft Q i know but the tunes have to be on the PC too? that kinda makes no sense if so…., my brain is frying.

I thought it was a case of :

Upload all my songs onto the NAS and play them through itunes from there?

When i add “open stream” in itunes and put in the firefly server addy http://192.168.*.*:3689 i was under the impression it would download a playlist that i could play in itunes? Not the case?

Maybe ive got the wrong idea of how firefly works /me shrugs

sonichouse
    Participant

To see your Firefly sever and play songs follow this helpful guide from apple here

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.