i can’t for the life of me get my house-mates itunes connect

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion i can’t for the life of me get my house-mates itunes connect

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    indierocksteve
    Participant

it just won’t see mt-daapd. also amarok keeps asking for a password and i have to put in the ADMIN password and it seems to work? except it just sits there loading then comes up blank.

is there some way to test to make sure firefly is properly sharing the tracks?

rpedde
    Participant

@indierocksteve wrote:

it just won’t see mt-daapd. also amarok keeps asking for a password and i have to put in the ADMIN password and it seems to work? except it just sits there loading then comes up blank.

is there some way to test to make sure firefly is properly sharing the tracks?

Version and host platform?

iTunes really is the best test, but if you can’t see it, it’s likely a multicast issue. If the platform is feisty, a likely candidate is that avahi isn’t running, or you are running an older build and not latest nightlies.

Its worth trying it wired, if the client machine is wireless, because some wireless routers don’t do multicast (or have to have multicast/igmp enabled in their web config).

Firewall on client is a possibility too.

More info on the client settings would help, but I’d check wireless vs. wired, and firewalls first. Oh, and the option to search for shared music in iTunes, of course.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.