huge amounts of memory used

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dr_andred

Hi,

I recently installed the 1586 on my unslug and am basically seeing that it’s eating up all memory. Even adding 2GB swap space is not enough and ultimately firefly is being killed by the linux OOM handler.

Since my library is just about 4000songs and I have seen people stating having no problems with 10000+ songs, I’m quite surprised by such a memory usage, how much swap do others use?

Andre’

fizze
    Participant

That is weird.

First of all, cut the swap file. I’ve got about 8K songs and firefly runs just as fine without swap too.
    Secondly: What gives you those numbers? ps? top? meminfo?

Other than misinterpretation of numbers I could only think of source file that breaks the meta data scanner so bad, that goes OOM.

rpedde
    Participant

@dr_andred wrote:

Hi,

I recently installed the 1586 on my unslug and am basically seeing that it’s eating up all memory. Even adding 2GB swap space is not enough and ultimately firefly is being killed by the linux OOM handler.

Since my library is just about 4000songs and I have seen people stating having no problems with 10000+ songs, I’m quite surprised by such a memory usage, how much swap do others use?

Andre’

You’ve got a memory leak I haven’t seen yet. Did you install from source or binary? If source, can you compile with –enabled-mem-debug and let it run fora while and then stop it?

That will show leaked blocks, and will help me find the memory leak.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.