How do I send requests to Firefly – is there an API or …?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion How do I send requests to Firefly – is there an API or …?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GuyBooth

I am currently using Slimserver, sending it specific song/play/stop/pause requests from a VB application. They are the same instructions that I can also send from an HTML page.

I haven’t found the key to doing this with the Firefly server – I have the server up and running, and my soundbridge can access it directly, but I need to be able to use the VB application.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to do what I want? Where would I find an “Instruction Set”?

Thanks …

Iris
    Participant

Check out the Roku support forums – more specifically Roku Control Apps.

– Iris

rpedde
    Participant

@GuyBooth wrote:

I am currently using Slimserver, sending it specific song/play/stop/pause requests from a VB application. They are the same instructions that I can also send from an HTML page.

I haven’t found the key to doing this with the Firefly server – I have the server up and running, and my soundbridge can access it directly, but I need to be able to use the VB application.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to do what I want? Where would I find an “Instruction Set”?

Thanks …

Iris is exactly right. Firefly and Slimserver are exactly opposite ideas. Slimserver has a smart server that enqueues media and firehoses it a stupid client. So if you want to change what’s playing, you tell the server to change what’s playing.

Firefly isn’t like that. It’s just a stupid server that simply offers the music, and smart clients choose what music to play. So if you want the client to pause or skip to next or whatever, you have to tell the client to do that. And RCP is the way to do that with the soundbridge.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.