Hiding extensions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MCFH
    Participant

Am using the latest nightly build on a NSLU2. I have some of my music stored as .aif (oh what fun a 1Tb HDD is). Firefly leaves the extension on when it is displayed on the Soundbridge whereas it is hides it for other extensions.

Also I am not having my iTunes playlists loaded (not sure on the real status of this one having looked at the forums – is it a bug or config issue these days?)

Thanks
    Mark

EDIT – having taken another look I realise that no meta data is being loaded for these from within the iTunes xml. unlike the .m4a files which load fin.

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

Am using the latest nightly build on a NSLU2. I have some of my music stored as .aif (oh what fun a 1Tb HDD is). Firefly leaves the extension on when it is displayed on the Soundbridge whereas it is hides it for other extensions.

Also I am not having my iTunes playlists loaded (not sure on the real status of this one having looked at the forums – is it a bug or config issue these days?)

Thanks
    Mark

EDIT – having taken another look I realise that no meta data is being loaded for these from within the iTunes xml. unlike the .m4a files which load fin.

Right. If it can’t get metadata, it uses filename as title and no other metadata.

You’ll get iTunes metadata if you parse the iTunes Music Library.xml file.

Drop your iTunes Music Library.xml in the directory that has all the artists (normall iTunes), and it should parse it and retrieve metadata.

— Ron

MCFH
    Participant

Ron,
    The strange thing is that other files such as .m4a are correctly returning the meta data from the XML file whereas the .aif ones are not.

Mark

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

Ron,
    The strange thing is that other files such as .m4a are correctly returning the meta data from the XML file whereas the .aif ones are not.

Mark

The m4a ones are probably getting it from the file itself. About the only metadata I can’t get from the .m4a file is rating.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.