Hey Ron, how is it going?

• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by mas.
Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mas
    Participant

Ron is probably just very busy with RL. I guess we will hear from him in time.

And I also think he would welcome a 2nd developer – but there first has to be someone…

fizze
    Participant

yes. well said.
    It might seem easy to develop/test on hardware you don’t physically have, but it actually isn’t. But seeing as compiling on x86/win32 or x86/linux is rather easy, one could always branch. the source is there, for all of you to access.

blamm
    Participant

He doesnt appear to be posting on the Roku forums either. His last post was Feb 19.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

I’ve just chatted to Ron and he is definitely still alive. As we suspected, real life and big work committments have been stopping him from having fun. Hopefully we will hear from him soon!

stretch
    Participant

Great news πŸ˜€

rpedde
    Participant

Greets!

I’m alive. Just in a work enforced work stoppage. :/

Last six weeks or so been working on big new expansion at work, and have been putting in the 80 hour weeks. The good news is that they are going to let me keep my job. πŸ™‚ Gotta love being salaried.

Fortunately, my part of that was finished Friday, and so I took the weekend off, and when I came back here, I realized I probably should have dropped a note or something to let folks know what was up. Oof.

k.

So I guess I’ll spend the next 5 days or so catching up on forum posts. :/

Couple notes:

1. I don’t have exclusive write to the repository because I’ve got a “mine, all mine” mentality (or at least not *exclusively* for that reason)… at times there have been several others with write access. Just that people interested in committing come and go quickly, and rarely stick around. But I don’t have an issue with accepting any help, if some were forthcoming.

Particuarly webdev help. hint.

2. The multiple build stuff is kinda crack-headeded and hard to maintain. I’d like to move to a web form or something that people could submit user-built packages. Maintaining all those builds sucks.

But then, that would require webdev help to make that happen. hint.

So anyway, I’m alive. Probably should push what I have into an unstable nightly here soonish, too.

good to be back though.

/me waves

— Ron

EVILRipper
    Participant

Nice!

Great to hear all the good news. πŸ™‚

I must admit, I keep seeing more and more possibilities with Firefly.
    This week I ran onto a Soundbridge in a local store myself, so I couldn’t resist.

I realized I don’t know what I would do without Firefly. πŸ™„
    I use it to stream to my home comp, stereo, comp at work, laptop at school, practically anywhere where I listen to music.
    It’s really ideal being able to keep your music stashed at one place, playing it from anywhere.

And with the enrollment of those new 4G mobile networks in the future, I guess 3G should get cheaper. Since I already got 55kb/s on a speedtest on my phone, who knows Firefly might replace my MP3-player? πŸ™‚

mas
    Participant

The good news is that they are going to let me keep my job. Smile Gotta love being salaried.

Thats very generous of em. Sounds like thats their version of overtime compensation. 8~;

Welcome back to live then. And I suggest before starting on the forum take a 1 week vacation somewhere. Better for blood pressure and health after such a task.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.