Hanging with iTunes 7 & SSH & NSLU2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sansp00
    Participant

Hello,

Im just finishing doing the setup and playing with my ‘new’ tunneling functionnality at the office ( from mt-daapd at home ) and I have been witnessing a small problem. When I start a song and then try to pick another one to play while the first is playing, iTunes seems to get stuck requesting the URL.

In the log, I see this …

13:55:18 (00017c05): Session 0: Streaming file ‘1 – Becuz.mp3’ to 127.0.0
    14:02:24 (0002a405): Session 0: Streaming file ‘4 – Washing Machine.mp3’
    14:07:47 (0003b408): Cannot resolve /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root//index
    14:07:47 (0003b408): Thread 234: Entering ws_returnerror (404: Not found)
    14:08:10 (00042c08): Cannot resolve /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root//index
    14:08:10 (00042c08): Thread 264: Entering ws_returnerror (404: Not found)
    14:09:45 (0004b408): Cannot resolve /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root//index
    14:09:45 (0004b408): Thread 298: Entering ws_returnerror (404: Not found)

My tunnel is done with Putty and mt-daap is the svn 1400 …
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Im just finishing doing the setup and playing with my ‘new’ tunneling functionnality at the office ( from mt-daapd at home ) and I have been witnessing a small problem. When I start a song and then try to pick another one to play while the first is playing, iTunes seems to get stuck requesting the URL.

What does it do? What do you mean by “gets stuck”?

Does it do that locally? Or just over the tunnel? Are you using a password?

sansp00
    Participant

Only over a tunnel, locally, everything seems fine … But I have not messed a ton with it due to lack of time.
    I did notice that activating the password in mt-daapd cause some issue to iTunes.
    By stuck, I mean that iTunes does not respond anymore, there is just a pop up saying requesting url. I have to kill manually because it causes ‘metldown’ of my poor office computer.

After some thought, maybe there is a time out occuring on the ssh tunnel ?
    Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Only over a tunnel, locally, everything seems fine … But I have not messed a ton with it due to lack of time.
    I did notice that activating the password in mt-daapd cause some issue to iTunes.
    By stuck, I mean that iTunes does not respond anymore, there is just a pop up saying requesting url. I have to kill manually because it causes ‘metldown’ of my poor office computer.

After some thought, maybe there is a time out occuring on the ssh tunnel ?
    Patrick S.

Or perhaps the link is really saturated and the request is slow? Or maybe the putty port forwarder only allows one connection?

I’ve not seen that before. I’m wondering whether it’s something new from the daap refactoring, or if it’s something with putty.

:/

Although the fact that it only happens when tunneled makes me think putty. Is there a setting in putty for “backlogged connects”, or number of concurrent sessions, or anything like that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.