Getting Firefly to read (non-smart) Playlists

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Getting Firefly to read (non-smart) Playlists

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kjr
    Participant

Just started using Firefly with iTunes and the m1000 soundbridge and it’s great. One question though – is there anyway i can get Firefly to read my ordinary / manually populated playlists? It sees some of the smart playlists but I’d like it to read the others? Thanks for any help that might be out there.

rpedde
    Participant

@kjr wrote:

Just started using Firefly with iTunes and the m1000 soundbridge and it’s great. One question though – is there anyway i can get Firefly to read my ordinary / manually populated playlists? It sees some of the smart playlists but I’d like it to read the others? Thanks for any help that might be out there.

Yes – not sure if you mean .m3u files, or if you mean playlists from iTunes. Either way is possible, but you’ll have to let us know which it is, and what platform you are on — Windows, Mac, linux. Also, if you have your music stored on a separate drive than your machine acting as a firefly server. Setup is a little different depending on what platform and how you have your music arranged.

— Ron

kjr
    Participant

Wow – thanks for such a speedy response, Ron.
    I’m running Windows XP with all my music on drive G: (a partition on my second, fixed drive). I’m using iTunes (located under G:All MusiciTunes) with Firefly (located G:Firefly Media Server) and I can set up Smart Playlists fine but I can’t seem to set up any static playlists under Firefly (which I prefer). I’m probably being dumb here but I would really appreciate some help.

kjr
    Participant

Sorry, should have said – static playlist from iTunes.

rpedde
    Participant

@kjr wrote:

Sorry, should have said – static playlist from iTunes.

Got it. It should work okay as is… just make sure that you have your “My Music” folder listed as one of the music folders in your web admin. That folder should have your “iTunes Music Library.xml” file in it — that’s where it picks up the playlists from. You’ll need “Process m3u” set to “yes” and “process xml” set to “yes” in the web config as well.

— Ron

kjr
    Participant

Thanks a million, Ron.
    Seems the problem was I had moved my original iTunes to the Music folder on a different drive, but iTunes was still saving the library to the original intallation on the root drive. Told Firefly to look both places and Bang – sorted. Thanks again for such a great server.

Cheers

KJR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.