gentoo ebuild?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    raungst
    Participant

Is there a recent gentoo ebuild that will build the nightlies? The one in Portage is fairly old…

rpedde
    Participant

@raungst wrote:

Is there a recent gentoo ebuild that will build the nightlies? The one in Portage is fairly old…

No more Diego, that’s why.

Should be able to copy the exiting ebuild and change version numbers and have it build okay.

uncleremus
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@raungst wrote:

Was he another victim of how they treat their developers nowadays?

I run gentoo myself, but lately been considering migrating to another distro because there seems to be so many packages that just seem to go stale (such as mt-daapd) over time for the lack of maintainers. It’s sad, because I really like the idea of gentoo.

rpedde
    Participant

@uncleremus wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@raungst wrote:

Was he another victim of how they treat their developers nowadays?

I run gentoo myself, but lately been considering migrating to another distro because there seems to be so many packages that just seem to go stale (such as mt-daapd) over time for the lack of maintainers. It’s sad, because I really like the idea of gentoo.

http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/02/18/im-tired-of-being-insulted.

That’s why I run debian. There are still flame wars, but it seems less personal and more technical.

In any event, it’s too bad about Diego, he was a good maintainer and will be missed.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.