Front row in Leopard can not find the mt-daap server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Front row in Leopard can not find the mt-daap server

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wordworm
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anyone meet the same following problem?
    I use the stable version mt-daapd 2.4. 0 as my daap server.
    I also used Front row on Mac mini to view video on mt-daapd server through network.
    This worked well with Mac OS X 10.4.

Recently, I get a new Mac Mini with the latest Leopard OS.
    It’s Front Row has also upgraded.
    I found that I can not find my daap server in Front Row now. It seems that Front Row can not discove the server. But the iTunes on Leopard still works well with mt-daapd.

Does anyone know how to use the latest Front Row to view the vidoe on the mt-daapd?

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@wordworm wrote:

Hi,
    Does anyone meet the same following problem?
    I use the stable version mt-daapd 2.4. 0 as my daap server.
    I also used Front row on Mac mini to view video on mt-daapd server through network.
    This worked well with Mac OS X 10.4.

Recently, I get a new Mac Mini with the latest Leopard OS.
    It’s Front Row has also upgraded.
    I found that I can not find my daap server in Front Row now. It seems that Front Row can not discove the server. But the iTunes on Leopard still works well with mt-daapd.

Does anyone know how to use the latest Front Row to view the vidoe on the mt-daapd?

Thanks.

Seems to play audio okay, just not video. haven’t seen that yet.

— Ron

wordworm
    Participant

You mean that you have see it has play audio OK with front Row on leopard, but you have no chance to see it play video?

I don’t know whether others has met the same issue.

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@wordworm wrote:

You mean that you have see it has play audio OK with front Row on leopard, but you have no chance to see it play video?

I don’t know whether others has met the same issue.

Thanks.

Yes, I have played audio, but I didn’t know until now that video is broken. It is broken for me, too.

I’ll add that to my list.

;/

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe I’ve got something wrong, but I’m unable to play shared audio from an mt-daapd server on my Leopard’s Front Row.

I’m using OSX 10.5.1 and iTunes 7.6, and can see my shared library fine in iTunes.

How do I get to listen to audio from the shared library using the infra-remote in Front Row?

Thanks,
    – Teo

rpedde
    Participant

@teolicy wrote:

Maybe I’ve got something wrong, but I’m unable to play shared audio from an mt-daapd server on my Leopard’s Front Row.

I’m using OSX 10.5.1 and iTunes 7.6, and can see my shared library fine in iTunes.

How do I get to listen to audio from the shared library using the infra-remote in Front Row?

Thanks,
    – Teo

It should just show up, although it’s possible that whatever it’s looking for isn’t present anymore.

Seems like frontrow compatibility comes and goes. It’s something I’ll look at again, but compatibility with iTunes and soundbridge is my first priority.

— Ron

minigabriel

I also find the problem,
    The mt-daapd 2.4.0 works fine with iTunes of Leopard OS.
    But mt-daapd will have some problem with Front row of Leopard OS;
    1. front row can find the mt-daapd server in the sources if only 1 mt-daapd server in the local network,
    2. front row can only find one mt-daapd server if more than 1 mt-daapd server in the local network, and some times, the found mt-daapd server will change different time,
    3. front row works fine with the iTunes ‘s library shares.

I think the problem may be caused by the mdns of front row in leopard have some special difference with mt-daapds.

-minigabriel

jsa

I also have a problem with front row and mt-daapd. I just installed from Ubuntu Gutsy universe repo, mt-daapd version seems to be svn-1586.

It works fine in iTunes. I’m able to see the server and play music. However, Front Row can’t find the server, at least it doesn’t appear in the sources menu. I’m running an up-to-date OS X Leopard on a Macbook.

Suggestions anyone? Thx in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.