Freebsd testers requested

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

Anyone with freebsd, could you test

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd.0.2.3.tar.gz

and see if it compiles cleanly, as well as verifying that the mdns stuff works correctly (ie it shows up in iTunes)?

Thanks.

— Ron

Post edited by: rpedde, at: 2005/09/11 19:43

rpedde
    Participant

Nobody?

Y’all freebsd folks come out of the woodwork when something breaks, where are you now?

rpedde
    Participant

disregard. if any freebsder sees this and wants to be the OFFICIAL FREEBSD TESTER, then email me at ron at pedde.com.

You’ll get so much good karma…

rpedde
    Participant

1) this happens when files are moved (or renamed). 0.2.1 (and 0.2.3, by extension) doesn’t recognize the new path. You can force a new full scan by either stopping mt-daapd and deleting the database, or by running it with the -S flag. This is fixed in nightlies.

2) iTunes xml parsing is only in nightlies.

— Ron

Yappyfox

url is invalid, grabbed the 0.2.3 tar from the main site.

I could not get it to compile directly because configure was complaining I had no gmdb.h (even if I forced the path).

However, I went into the ports tree, changed the makefile from 0.2.0 to 0.2.3 and the proper checksum, attempted to make from the ports tree, but the applied patches file harfed. I removed the patch file, and it managed to compile, and install, and I see it with itunes. Only thing I notice is all the Genre tags are messed up (ie all the mp3’s that normally import directly into itunes as “80’s” are showing up as “Folk”) but only with mp3’s AAC file genres seem to remain correct.

FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p12

Post edited by: YappyFox, at: 2005/09/22 22:13

rpedde
    Participant

Gotcha… the genre things is a known bug, fixed in CVS.

— Ron

Yappyfox

Any idea when CVS might go into the next revision? I grabbed the CVS, and I’ll find out tonight if I perfermed enough voodoo to get a sucsessful compile or not.

Post edited by: Yappyfox, at: 2005/09/23 15:31

rpedde
    Participant

I think the thing it’s really missing is smart playlists. That’s broken atm. Shouldn’t take too much effort to get it working, I don’t think, but once that’s done, I’ll probably start 0.3.0-pre packages.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

0.2.3 is nothing more than 0.2.1.1 with trivial fixes to make iTunes 5 work.

Nightlies past february or so already worked with iTunes 5. So really, 0.2.3 is really 0.2.1.1, and nightlies are “newer” — i.e. based on the sqlite backend rather than the gdbm backend, has transcoding support, has itunes xml support, etc.

So yeah, nightlies are “newer”, and also work with iTunes 5.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.