FLAC streaming from firefly on DNS-323

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues FLAC streaming from firefly on DNS-323

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RustyF
    Participant

Hi there

Installed and streaming mp3 from DNS-323 NAS to iTunes on MAC OSX perfectly (thanks folks!)

However, most of my collection is FLAC so I’m hoping to trascode these too. But none of them work. They are listed in iTunes but when I play one, iTunes just stalls until I select another. Log says “remote connection broken (or something like that…?).

Given that the DNS-323 is ARM-based, i just wondering if this is actually possible? Should it work? Has anyone?

I could host firefly on the MAC, itself but AFAIK FLAC on MAC is dead too?

Assistance welcome!

rpedde
    Participant

@RustyF wrote:

Hi there

Installed and streaming mp3 from DNS-323 NAS to iTunes on MAC OSX perfectly (thanks folks!)

However, most of my collection is FLAC so I’m hoping to trascode these too. But none of them work. They are listed in iTunes but when I play one, iTunes just stalls until I select another. Log says “remote connection broken (or something like that…?).

Given that the DNS-323 is ARM-based, i just wondering if this is actually possible? Should it work? Has anyone?

I could host firefly on the MAC, itself but AFAIK FLAC on MAC is dead too?

Assistance welcome!

It will work, but you need to configure it with –enable-flac, and have the libflac and libvorbisfile libraries available. In addition, it will use the command line “flac” command to do the actual transcoding, so you’ll need that installed as well.

Once you’ve done that, look at the ssc_script and ssc_codecs configuration options… those are the ones that control transcoding.

– Ron

RustyF
    Participant

Thanks Ron. Sounds promising. It was actually a build done by someone else (on the DNS-323 hacking site) so perhaps it wasn’t enabled.

Guess I’ll have to sort out a cross-compiling env now..!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.