Flac on svn-1236

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mdw

I have most flac and mp3 files. The server is Debian/GNU-Linux Etch.

I configured with –enable-flac –enable-oggvorbis. And enabled .flac,.ogg and flac,ogg
    for extensions and codectypes.

Everything is indexed. E.g. my M1001 Sees all the albums and songs. However,
    I notice that the flac files have “X” next to them, presumably because the soundbridge
    doesn’t understand flac. I recall that the file type for version 0.2.4 was transformed
    to wav.

Have I misconfigured something?

Otherwise I have the following comments:

1) I really like the smart playlists. Played around a bit with these. I like being able
    to use sqlite3 to check some queries (although this is nerdy I know) and tune the
    smart playlists. A web configurator for static playlists would be nice too.

2) Sometimes the wizard doesn’t seem to update the main box with the query info.
    Not sure why this is. Minor: I think the wizard would be better off in the main page
    rather than a popup. Popus tend to hide when you’re not watching them.

3) The indexing is really fast. Nice.

4) The new web interface is a bit improvement.

Nice work.

rpedde
    Participant

@mdw wrote:

However,
    I notice that the flac files have “X” next to them, presumably because the soundbridge
    doesn’t understand flac. I recall that the file type for version 0.2.4 was transformed
    to wav.

Have I misconfigured something?

check your plugins… look at the sample config in contrib, see the section at the end that looks like:

[plugins]
    plugin_dir=/usr/share/mt-daapd/plugins
    plugins=ssc-script.so,rsp.so

You are probably missing the ssc-script.so. That used to be built-in, but now transcoders are plugins.

2) Sometimes the wizard doesn’t seem to update the main box with the query info.
    Not sure why this is. Minor: I think the wizard would be better off in the main page
    rather than a popup. Popus tend to hide when you’re not watching them.

Yes, and yes. Plus, they get blocked by popup blockers. Plus, it’s kind of a stupid wizard — it would be really nice if you could build a full query with it. I’ve thought some about returning the parse tree in json so the client side could have the whole current parse tree and render it that way, but I think it would be a fair bit of javascript to do. Would be cool, though.

All in all, though, I might have to call it “good enough for a 1.0”.

4) The new web interface is a bit improvement.
    [/quote

That’s anders to thank for that. I agree, though.

Nice work.

Thanks. Nice to hear.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.