FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 691 through 700 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! What a great response time 🙂 I have another problem as well, that might be harder to implement. I have password protected the site where fireplay.html is and users has to identify themselves via LDAP. But I have not found a way to protect the firefly service by LDAP. The only solution I can think of is to make FirePlay automatically log into the password protected firefly service, then only authenticated LDAP users would be able to log in. Is this possible, or is there an easier solution?

fizze
    Participant

If you set up an extra webserver just for FirePlay that supports LDAP authentication then this can be done.
    Firefly’s integrated webserver really hasn’t been made with that sort of thing in mind 😉

If you are looking for a small-footprint webserver: Try http://www.cherokee-project.com/ 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thank you! Where exactly do I then put in the authentication arguments if I setup a designated web server?

fizze
    Participant

This really is web-server-specific.
    I just read that the new cherokee version supports LDAP because I was upgrading myself. But this is a feature I do not use.
    http://www.alobbs.com/1325/Cherokee_0_6_0_released.html

Either way, you need to set up authentication to FirePlay, and use LDAP as the source. This is a common approach for most webservers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I´ve set up LDAP for FirePlay but I need to set up security for the DAAPD server (firefly) as well. If that´s open anybody can connect to the server and download any song. As it is now, it´s possible to set an administrator password to the server and anybody who want to connect has to enter that. If I could get FirePlay to automatically log in with that password they´re locked to log in with my restricted copy of FirePlay.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

New version with the discussed “preventdownload” feature. Edit the .html to kick in the prevention, by setting “preventdownload=1”.

Also new is the tab-feature, for easier navigation. Unfortunately, when pressing “up arrow” in a list, Flash thinks you’re traveling upwards. I’ll see what can be done about that.

I have an idea of how to accommodate the playlists handling. The song list should actually be able to show three different kinds of lists:

1. The list of songs in the chosen album (default).
    2. The “now playing” list, which should be able to be populated with songs by double clicking them, or by double clicking an album to get the complete album added for playing. When I have this, I can enable the “shuffle” feature.
    3. The selected playlist, if you are in “playlist editing mode”, in which I will incorporate Blamm’s nice looking add/remove/delete icons and features.

/Bo

blamm
    Participant

Sounds good.

BTW. Fireplay crashes firefly occasionally. Usually while clicking around the playlists. Unfortunately the Firefly log says nothing. Anyone else notice this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Just wanted to say that this application is great. I’m running it on my NSLU2, and it means that I can now use my Wii as a music frontend- sweet!

The only issue i’m having is that for some reason the tracks in an albun are in the wrong order when i’m using my Wii. The track numbers go 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 2, 3, 4 …

This isn’t the case when accessing FirePlay from my PC. I can only guess that this is to do with the version of flash. Has anybody else experienced this?

calvin
    Participant

Hi Bo,
    thanks for the tab extension for fireplay, I will test it tonight 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just ran across (and tried out) Fireplay 0.86 today — this is a great app, and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks very much Bo for making this available.

Of course, I liked it so much that I immediately started poking at it, and have a few questions now on finer usage details. If there’s a ‘how to use’ page out there, please point me to it.

My setup: Firefly svn-1586 running on a Ubuntu 7.04 box. The entire setup is less than a month old, but I do have a couple of Roku’s using the Firefly with no problems. I’m using Fireplay v0.86 from a Windows XP box using Firefox 2.0.0.13 & Adobe Flash Player 9.

I had no problems getting Fireplay up and running — copied over the three files as directed and it came up perfectly on Firefox, first try. If I access “Library” in the Source box, then pick an artist and/or album, the box at the bottom populates nicely with songs and double-clicking one starts them playing. Perfect, and exactly like the Roku Soundbridge behavior. The album art display is a particularly nice touch . . . .

My main question (so far) is about static playlists — if I select one of them from the Source box, the genre/artist/album boxes all populate correctly showing how many, etc., of each category are in that particular playlist, but the box at the bottom (with song list) stays blank until something in either the artist or album box is selected, at which point the songlist box at the bottom populates with the entire playlist (of all artists and all albums) in alphabetical order by album, then track# (not the order in the original playlist).

By comparison, if I use http://myserver:3689/playlists.html, selection of a playlist causes the box at the bottom to be populated with the songlist in original, unsorted order. (I recognize the playlists.html is part of Firefly, not Fireplay . . . but thought the two would be similar.)

So that’s my first question/comment: is there something not working in my setup that would normally display the playlist in the original unalphabetized order when a playlist is selected?

The 2nd question is just plain ignorance about how to use the “generate playlist” link — if I select a few songs, then hit the playlist link, I get a popup labeled “XSPF Playlist” and a source string. I’m assuming this is so I can cut/paste that string somewhere . . . where/how would I use that?

Thanks much,
    mj

Viewing 10 posts - 691 through 700 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.