FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 301 through 310 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the fast feedback and development:

I have some other small requests to FirePlay:

– have a small ‘X’ beside the searchbox to clear any searchfilter currently active

– agree with sonichouse about the volumecontrol, but I guess the current slider is a ‘fast’ hack anyways…

– Scroll the ‘artist – song’ info in the ‘currently playing box’ if the info is too large to be displayed as a whole

– remove the scrollpanes if they are not needed.

– the gfx for the ‘next song’, ‘pause’ and ‘search’ buttons are clipped

ah I’m starting to be nitpicking here, but I guess that the add-on is at a stage where it / you can handle it 😉

progress bar = YEAH BABY

/regards
    Henrik

Anonymous
    Inactive

EDIT: nevermind…

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

Perhaps you could also change the progress and volume bar to light blue and show the buffer filling with a simple vertical line or a light grey fill. I found the intitial blue fill a bit confusing.

Ta

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.

Excuse me if this has been suggested already, but I can’t seem to find it.

I have a fairly large collection (20000+ songs) on a very slow server (an NSLU2). When I select something it takes several seconds to get the results back. This makes the application feel unresponsive and leads to the users making selections again which slows down the searches further.

It would be nice to have some kind of indicator that a search is in progress and that the app is receiving data. Perhaps to “grey out” the selections until the result is received, or an hourglass icon?

And thanks for a really great piece of software!

/Fredrik

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@wahlis wrote:

Hi.

Excuse me if this has been suggested already, but I can’t seem to find it.

I have a fairly large collection (20000+ songs) on a very slow server (an NSLU2). When I select something it takes several seconds to get the results back. This makes the application feel unresponsive and leads to the users making selections again which slows down the searches further.

It would be nice to have some kind of indicator that a search is in progress and that the app is receiving data. Perhaps to “grey out” the selections until the result is received, or an hourglass icon?

And thanks for a really great piece of software!

/Fredrik

Good point! I’ll see what I can do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

or could it be possible to cache all the information? and have a button for hard refresh? then all the sorting would be done in the browser, and not on the server.

/regards
    Henrik

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@n00ben wrote:

or could it be possible to cache all the information? and have a button for hard refresh? then all the sorting would be done in the browser, and not on the server.

/regards
    Henrik

The first version of FlashDAAP worked that way. But it’s not really a practical way to have the application begin with 2 minutes of waiting.

When the database supports sorted queries all we need to ask for is the information that appears in the windows at that moment, which is about 50 rows of information. Then the application will be a lot more scalable than today. (Scalable in this case meaning “supportive of very big databases”).

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

When the database supports sorted queries all we need to ask for is the information that appears in the windows at that moment, which is about 50 rows of information. Then the application will be a lot more scalable than today. (Scalable in this case meaning “supportive of very big databases”).

Plus it will be much kinder to portable devices 😉

blamm
    Participant

One last thing and I will go quiet on GUI requests for a while.

How about making the song list look like this.

Alternative stripes behind the songs tend to make the list easier to read.

Ta

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Several requests implemented:

– A spinner is showing a query is in progress
    – The search field is sensitive to “Enter” key.
    – Search field is automatically cleared when choosing playlist.
    – More intuitive volume slider.
    – Several UI appearance updates (alternating row colors etc).

I am beginning to like the look of this application. Thanks for all feedback, it is really helpful!

Things on my list:
    – Scrolling now playing text
    – Autosizing the whole application
    – Finding the white text bug
    – Fixing the no album issue

Viewing 10 posts - 301 through 310 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.