FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Perhaps Ron can enlighten me (us) on how the music password is used during the rsp session?

Right now the permissions scheme on the stuff is kind of basic. The web namespace each has their own authentication handlers, and maps logons to roles.

Right now, there are two roles: admin and user

Accessing the /rsp namespace requires user role, /databases, /server-info, and the other related daap namespaces require user role, and everything else requires the admin role.

Probably the thing to do would be to have the player in a separate namespace (/fireplay/, maybe?) and I can set the role on that to be user only.

It will still require admin to modify playlists, though. Hopefully flash will be smart enough to prompt when asked for playlist modifying credentials.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Perhaps Ron can enlighten me (us) on how the music password is used during the rsp session?

Right now the permissions scheme on the stuff is kind of basic. The web namespace each has their own authentication handlers, and maps logons to roles.

Right now, there are two roles: admin and user

Accessing the /rsp namespace requires user role, /databases, /server-info, and the other related daap namespaces require user role, and everything else requires the admin role.

Probably the thing to do would be to have the player in a separate namespace (/fireplay/, maybe?) and I can set the role on that to be user only.

It will still require admin to modify playlists, though. Hopefully flash will be smart enough to prompt when asked for playlist modifying credentials.

That sounds like a plan. I’m not sure about the promt though. Right now it’s the webserver that handles the credentials. I think we’ll have to do that on a “try then fix”-basis. Perhaps we can pass them as:

http://user:[email protected]:3689/whatever...

/Bo

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

New version with multiple selections.

N.B: It’s still not possible to show All (nnn) albums. It’s just there for future use.

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

N.B: It’s still not possible to show All (nnn) albums. It’s just there for future use.

Love the new colour scheme, fits really nicely with firefly.

Couldn’t get multiple select to work, the download reports to be 0.62.

/Steve

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Love the new colour scheme, fits really nicely with firefly.

Couldn’t get multiple select to work, the download reports to be 0.62.

/Steve

Sorry, forgot to publish it. Please, try again.

sonichouse
    Participant

Cool, 0.63 works a treat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have some requests and som bugs, most you are probably aware of and some are easily fixed, others not πŸ˜›

Anyways, here goes:

– Searchbox should be responsive to ‘Enter key’

– After search is completed, songs should be listed instead of me having to press an album (until the ‘show All (nnn) album’ is fixed, could you autoselect the first album? Or perhaps all of them automatically?

– Center the text you write in the search box

– Please make the windows bigger, for easier browsing. I for one would like the ‘Playlist’ to be taller.

– Center the swf to the middle of the homepage, both vertical and horisontal

– Would be nice to be able to spool in a song, by clicking on the progressbar

– Add a volume slider

– When I press a key the Artist window correctly goes to that key, but it would be nice that it worked like in iTunes where you can type eg. ‘TR’ then selected artist is ‘Tr***’ not ‘R*’

and thanks for a briliant add-on for mt-daapd πŸ™‚

/regards
    Henrik

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@n00ben wrote:

I have some requests and som bugs, most you are probably aware of and some are easily fixed, others not πŸ˜›

OK.

– Searchbox should be responsive to ‘Enter key’

Agree.

– After search is completed, songs should be listed instead of me having to press an album (until the ‘show All (nnn) album’ is fixed, could you autoselect the first album? Or perhaps all of them automatically?

The reason for not doing this is that if you accidently type for example a single “t” and searches, it would leave the application unresponsive. Until the sorted queries are finished I can’t enable that feature, if I want to sort the albums numerically, which I do. πŸ™‚ I’ll give you the first album though!

Oh, please no.

– Please make the windows bigger, for easier browsing. I for one would like the ‘Playlist’ to be taller.

The layout is always a matter of discussion. Some use the playlist window a lot, others browse by genre a lot, which is more important?

You can do that yourself if you hack some tables into the html. As it is autogenerated from Flash, I haven’t touched the layout. Perhaps FirePlay goes into the web interface in the future.

– Would be nice to be able to spool in a song, by clicking on the progressbar.

Awesome. I’ll try.

– Add a volume slider

You got it.

– When I press a key the Artist window correctly goes to that key, but it would be nice that it worked like in iTunes where you can type eg. ‘TR’ then selected artist is ‘Tr***’ not ‘R*’

I’m afraid Flash is not as intelligent as most OS are. Changing that behaviour is a bit time consuming at the moment, as I would have to take care of the typing events myself.

and thanks for a briliant add-on for mt-daapd πŸ™‚

Thank you for using it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, please no.

How can you disagree with me on this one? I don’t mean horisontically but vertically…

Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

I’m aware I can do it myself (and have done so), it would just be better if it came ‘out-of-the-box’.

/regards
    Henrik

blamm
    Participant

Wouldn’t this make the Firefly page look a bit daft? Better to leave it where it is so it sits next to the Firefly menus.

Actually when it is finally properly integrated with Firefly it would be nice to have a pop-out function (Like Google reader has next to videos). This would allow the user to “separate” the player from the Firefly pages. In this configuration it would be centred.

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.