Firelfy / Pinnacle Soundbridge 1500 / Empty playlists

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firelfy / Pinnacle Soundbridge 1500 / Empty playlists

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ccomley
    Participant

Playlists worked when I first set it all up – now they show up on the SB – but are empty.

I’m using the old MMJB playlist format, which is simply a text file of one track per line thus:-

e:musicBlondieGreatest Hits19_Maria.mp3
    e:musicBruce SpringsteenGreatest Hits17_Blood Brothers.mp3
    e:musicLynyrd SkynyrdGold & Platinum14_I Know a Little.mp3

(I have verified that the paths/filenames are correct)

saved in a file called .m3u. FF has been told to see m3us as playlists.

Baffled of Ballinger.

rpedde
    Participant

@ccomley wrote:

Playlists worked when I first set it all up – now they show up on the SB – but are empty.

I’m using the old MMJB playlist format, which is simply a text file of one track per line thus:-

e:musicBlondieGreatest Hits19_Maria.mp3
    e:musicBruce SpringsteenGreatest Hits17_Blood Brothers.mp3
    e:musicLynyrd SkynyrdGold & Platinum14_I Know a Little.mp3

(I have verified that the paths/filenames are correct)

saved in a file called .m3u. FF has been told to see m3us as playlists.

Baffled of Ballinger.

This *is* on windows, right? This isn’t a windows playlist that you are trying to read on a nslu2 or other unix box, right?

If so, is E a local drive, or a network drive?

ccomley
    Participant

Yep – Firefly running on XP Pro, the E-drive is local (i.e. it’s not a NAS-access problem – I can browse and play by album, by artist, etc from the library which is 100% in e:music

I use MMJB to rip CDs, and to create playlists – this is MMJB’s playlist format which *has* worked before on the SBridge.

(Probably un-necessary detail. ACTUALLY the “library” as far as MMJB is concerned, is r:music, which *is* on a NAS box. But to avoid the NAS access problem *and* to provide a backup of the MP3 library, I use SecondCopy to copy the entire content of r:music to e:music every couple of ours (SC only copies new/changed files) – of course when I use MMJB to create a playlist it uses R: but a quick find/replace sorts that out in short order.)

CCRDude
    Participant

This is actually not”MMJB’s” playlist format; it simply stands for “MP3 URL” and originated from WinAmp, but is that widely used today that it’s “the standard” for playlists, so the good news: the format in itself of the playlist shouldn’t cause any problems 🙂
    I’m using a few .m3u as static playlists myself without trouble.

I’m not sure, would the log show something if playlists are not understood?

ccomley
    Participant

Well, when I say it’s MMJB’s format, I mean, it’s the format of the file spit out by using MMJB to create a playlist. I’ve no idea who though of it first, or even if it can be argued to have been “thought of” – it is, after all, just a text file of full pathnames to the tracks in the playlist, one per line. 🙂

rpedde
    Participant

@ccomley wrote:

(Probably un-necessary detail. ACTUALLY the “library” as far as MMJB is concerned, is r:music, which *is* on a NAS box. But to avoid the NAS access problem *and* to provide a backup of the MP3 library, I use SecondCopy to copy the entire content of r:music to e:music every couple of ours (SC only copies new/changed files) – of course when I use MMJB to create a playlist it uses R: but a quick find/replace sorts that out in short order.)

Ah ha!

And what is your music directories set to? R:? or E:?

When it doesn’t show up in the playlists, it’s because it didn’t find the songs in the database (looked up by path). So if the DB has the paths as R, then that would explain it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.