Firelfy not showing movies in iTunes on HP Media Vault

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firelfy not showing movies in iTunes on HP Media Vault

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rmmeli
    Participant

I have a HP Mediavault and I am running the version of firefly that has been compiled for it. It is version svn-1463. I have it up and running and I can see my songs with iTunes but no movies show up. Should I be able to see them on this version? I aksed over on the hp mediavault yahoo group but did not get an answer.

I have the following in the mt-daapd.conf file

extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.aif,.m4v,.mpg

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@rmmeli wrote:

I have a HP Mediavault and I am running the version of firefly that has been compiled for it. It is version svn-1463. I have it up and running and I can see my songs with iTunes but no movies show up. Should I be able to see them on this version? I aksed over on the hp mediavault yahoo group but did not get an answer.

I have the following in the mt-daapd.conf file

extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.aif,.m4v,.mpg

Thanks.

Do they show up but not play, or do they not show up at all?

They should at least show up. And are they in the music folder? They’ll have to be in the music folder, or you’ll have to add the video folder (or wherever the videos are) in the music directory (mp3_dir).

— Ron

rmmeli
    Participant

They are in the Music folder. They do not show up at all. Any suggestions on what to do next would be gratefully received. Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@rmmeli wrote:

They are in the Music folder. They do not show up at all. Any suggestions on what to do next would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Are these regular iTunes movies? Like from the iTunes store or something?

Do you get any errors in the log file?

Ack… on the hp, it’s hard to see the log file… you’ll probably have to log in with a terminal service client and look at the log file in c:program filesfirefly media serverfirefly.log.

I can’t think of another way to do that. While you are in there, it might make sense to change the log file directory to d:sharespublicfirefly.log or something, just to make it easier to read remotely.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.