Firefly svn-1571 on mipsel streams noise

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Firefly svn-1571 on mipsel streams noise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xaviour
    Participant

Hello,

I compiled Firefly svn-1571 on my WL-700gE (native compilation). Streaming mp3 files work fine but streaming transcoded ogg files does not work: the soundbridge plays some noise.

The system uses libogg version 0.5.3 and libvorbis version 0.3.1.

The WL-700gE has a little endian MIPS processor. Any clue about what the problem is?

xaviour
    Participant

@xaviour wrote:

The WL-700gE has a little endian MIPS processor. Any clue about what the problem is?

Forget it. I found the solution somewhere in the forum. It works now.
    I notified Oleg about it. Hopefully, he will fix “ivorbis-tools” in his repository so that people do not get the problem.

rpedde
    Participant

@xaviour wrote:

@xaviour wrote:

Forget it. I found the solution somewhere in the forum. It works now.
    I notified Oleg about it. Hopefully, he will fix “ivorbis-tools” in his repository so that people do not get the problem.

Yeah, it’s platform specific. I’ll try and patch it. I have write to unslung-sources, so I’ll try and work something up.

Of course, oleg can too.

— Ron

xaviour
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Yeah, it’s platform specific. I’ll try and patch it. I have write to unslung-sources, so I’ll try and work something up.

Thanks

velovite

Xaviour,

I also have a WL700ge, running the modified firmware. I’am extremely interrested by your result. Would it be possible to post details on how you did it, and maybe share your binary?

VV.

sollie
    Participant

Hello,

I compiled Firefly svn-1571 on my WL-700gE (native compilation). Streaming mp3 files work fine but streaming transcoded ogg files does not work: the soundbridge plays some noise.

The system uses libogg version 0.5.3 and libvorbis version 0.3.1.

Yeah i like to know either how you did it.

Sollie.

mumsoft
    Participant

If you like to compile mt-daapd with ogg-support for your Asus WL-700gE NAS, please have a look here:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=9387
    where I have described the steps to succeed.
    💡

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.