Firefly setup with Musica Audio server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly setup with Musica Audio server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mabritton

I recently got a musica server ,was considering trying to return but came across Firefly ,the problem all stored music in Flac ,unable to play in winamp, foobar, etc, got Firefly up and running saw on the forum that i
    needed 1300 , so i uninstalled firefly thru windows,installed new version
    now can’t ip to conf menu, also i read the transcoding how to on wiki but i
    don’t understand how to add the addtional scripts, where do i put them.
    What do I need to do ,firefly (before the new install )shows up it iTunes,
    Firefly shows up on Musica, songs in its db will play on both pc & audio server. How to I setup Firefly to server Itunes with waves converted from the Flac files stored in Musica. please help tks in advance

rpedde
    Participant

@mabritton wrote:

I recently got a musica server ,was considering trying to return but came across Firefly ,the problem all stored music in Flac ,unable to play in winamp, foobar, etc, got Firefly up and running saw on the forum that i
    needed 1300 , so i uninstalled firefly thru windows,installed new version
    now can’t ip to conf menu, also i read the transcoding how to on wiki but i
    don’t understand how to add the addtional scripts, where do i put them.
    What do I need to do ,firefly (before the new install )shows up it iTunes,
    Firefly shows up on Musica, songs in its db will play on both pc & audio server. How to I setup Firefly to server Itunes with waves converted from the Flac files stored in Musica. please help tks in advance

Can you actually see the files on the musica? Can you mount the musica library as a drive letter or something?

I’m asking because I don’t know how the device works, and can’t really find much information on the net about what features it has.

mabritton

Musica (Olives.Inc) same as Hifidelio wireless MC( Hifidelio.net) is an audio server with 160g HD ,4-autosening ethernet ports+ 54g wireless, it uses UPnP a/v & Bonjour protocols. Without config iTunes and Firefly show up on Musica, it imports Firefly’s library & iTunes library & plays ,
    mp3, or Aiff,or wav’s. The problem Musica’s library except for 3 or 4
    mp3 for test are all Flac . What I want to do is use Firefly to serve wav’s
    to iTunes for playback only. Musica supports playback/record
    in mp3, wav,aiff, pcm, and flac. The web browser only supports creating
    playlist & changing meta data only, there is also a telnet option but i dont have the updated sw, Also I update firefly to 1301, i used windows add/remove, should i have just deleted the entire firefly folder cause now
    i can’t acess the admin pg to config. also i read some where that the musica will serve roku SB with very little config. Tks , Tks

rpedde
    Participant

@mabritton wrote:

What I want to do is use Firefly to serve wav’s
    to iTunes for playback only.

The only way to do that is if you can see the actual flac files. If you can map a drive or something and see the actual .flac files. If not, then no, can’t do it.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.