FireFly on DNS-323

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Apskaft
    Participant

First of all, great work!!!

I’m currently trying to get FireFly working on the D-Link DNS-323 NAS. Have succesfully got it running using a chrooted debian enviroment on the unit and are now trying to make it ‘standalone’

In order to have it running ‘standalone’ I have to modify the mt-daapd.conf quite alot and link the file -static with all libraries.

Well, the file is linked static (as reported both by ‘file’ and ‘objdump’) but I still have an issue I cannot resolve.

The following is my mt-daapd.conf:

[general]
    web_root = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-share/admin-root
    port = 3689
    admin_pw = mt-daapd
    db_type = sqlite
    db_parms = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-cache
    mp3_dir = /mnt/HD_a2/Media/Audio/Album/Garbage/
    servername = Firefly %v on %h
    runas = root
    playlist = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-cache/mt-daapd.playlist
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p
    ssc_codectypes = ogg,flac,alac
    ssc_prog = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    logfile = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd.log
    scan_type = 2
    compress = 0

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-share/plugins

The server starts and is accessable with the browser, but there are two issues.

#1 – iTunes doesn’t see the unit
    #2 – When opening the “smart playlists” page, the table is empty

When I run the same program in a chroot’ed environment using another configuration file, I don’t get these issues.

The only “error” I can see in the logs are:

2007-02-05 20:50:30 (00001003): Cannot resolve /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd-share/admin-root//databases/1/containers

What can you make out of this? I think I’m pretty close to success but need help with the final touch.

The songs.db seems to be intact when looked at using “sqlite”.

Are there any temp files stored in locations that I might not have proper rights to – or even exist at all.

Any help apprechiated…

/Apan

rpedde
    Participant

@Apskaft wrote:

Any help apprechiated…

/Apan

Check your plugins_dir — make sure there is a “rsp.so” and a “out-daap.so”. It looks like they are missing.

— Ron

Apskaft
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Check your plugins_dir — make sure there is a “rsp.so” and a “out-daap.so”. It looks like they are missing.

— Ron

Thanks!!

Of course you were right about the mentioned files, but there were alot of other cross-compiling related issues as well. Anyway, FireFly is now running on the DNS-323 and I’ve described the process in our ‘hacking’ Wiki:

http://wiki.dns323.info/howto:firefly

I guess the script mentioned in the Wiki needs to be cleaned up a bit and I had to set a few things to get this baby compile for the DNS-323, namely:

#
    # Before configure
    #
    export ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=no

And, I had to pass CPPFLAGS=-DSETPGRP_VOID to configure.

/Apskaft

uva

sorry…im just not that experienced in linux and telnet. Is there some more detailed information howto bring the firefly onto the 323 ?

, uva

rpedde
    Participant

@uva wrote:

sorry…im just not that experienced in linux and telnet. Is there some more detailed information howto bring the firefly onto the 323 ?

, uva

Might have more luck asking that question on the 323 forums:

http://forum.dsmg600.info/

– Ron

pender
    Participant

@uva wrote:

, uva

Not very familiar with the DNS-323 but it already has a builtin iTunes server with the stock firmware. Maybe trying updating firmware from the D-Link website. The config should be accessible from the Web UI (navigate to the device IP in the internet browser)

If you have SSH installed (instead of telnet) you can download a free SFTP tool for Windows (WinSCP3) or Mac (Fugu) and you can copy stuff right over. PuTTy is an SSH client for Windows that also supports telnet and is better than the windows command prompt because you can copy and paste. To copy and paste, first copy the text to the clipboard and then in PuTTy, move the cursor to the paste location with the keypad and then right mouse click inside the PuTTy window.

Not familiar with the D-link firmware commands, but if it is running busybox you can download firefly directly to the device:

change to a download directory like tmp (cd /tmp)
    wget

To get the url, navigate to the download link in your browser and right-mouse click on the link and select “copy link to clipboard”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.