Firefly not working with Ethernet Converter

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly not working with Ethernet Converter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DougHarts
    Participant

I want to put my Pinnacle Roku out in the garage. However, the wireless B just doesn’t quite make it through 2 cinder block walls. I purchased an ethernet converter and it works great for internet radio but the Roku doesn’t pull up Firefly. I unplug the ethernet converter and walk a little closer to the house and it picks up Firefly no problem. Obviously Firefly doesn’t like the Ethernet Converter.

Does Firefly work with wireless range extenders?

Thanks

fizze
    Participant

yes, it does. but most do not properly forward multicasts/unicasts.

See to your device, there often is a web configuration interface of some sort that allows to adjust the settings accordingly.

DougHarts
    Participant

Does anyone know of a range extender/repeater that works for sure?

fizze
    Participant

Linksys WRT54G series work like a charm.

They are a wireless-router, but can also function as a wireless bridge or wireless repeater, with the right firmware 😉

Im using two of these myself, and Im very happy.

Bear in mind though that a range extender or repeater or whatever reduces the throughput of your wireless network.

DougHarts
    Participant

Is there a post that details setting this up step by step? I am not the most technical person in the world but I would love to get this set up.

fizze
    Participant

the search function in this forum is your friend 🙂

if you search for “router” or “multicast” etc. you should be fine.
    This has been discussed here plenty….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.