Firefly not running, logged in as admin

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly not running, logged in as admin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lfusaro
    Participant

Newbie Here – sorry if this question is just plain lame, but I have been running Firefly for several months now, no problem, starts up every time (in Vista), etc. etc. Today I got the dark icon in my tray, and when I went to config, it said the server wasn’t running, and would need to log on as an admin to start it. Well, I am always logged in as an admin, but the start button is still greyed out. Interestingly enough, if I run the debug mode, and then go to the web admin page, it says the server is running, although the system tray icon and config says otherwise. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Osik
    Participant

Hey,

Im not sure, because i have a freebsd server running with firefly.
    But i think vista maybe block the service from running correctly.
    Try to start the the service from computermanagement (start – run – compmgmt.msc) of vista.

another solution is, that bonjour isn’t installed properly.

hope you can fix this ๐Ÿ˜‰

Greetz

Osik

lfusaro
    Participant

@Osik wrote:

Hey,

Im not sure, because i have a freebsd server running with firefly.
    But i think vista maybe block the service from running correctly.
    Try to start the the service from computermanagement (start – run – compmgmt.msc) of vista.

another solution is, that bonjour isn’t installed properly.

hope you can fix this ๐Ÿ˜‰

Greetz

Osik

Greetz – worked like a charm! Thanks! Other than wondering why this would happen after several months of no incidents, I’m good to go – thanks again…

Osik
    Participant

… just a little joking.

The only important thing is, that firefly is running properly ๐Ÿ˜‰

greetz

Osik

rpedde
    Participant

@lfusaro wrote:

Greetz – worked like a charm! Thanks! Other than wondering why this would happen after several months of no incidents, I’m good to go – thanks again…

Is it possible that you recently installed something with a bundled bonjour? Maybe a voip app or an IM app?

Just curious.

— Ron

lfusaro
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@lfusaro wrote:

Is it possible that you recently installed something with a bundled bonjour? Maybe a voip app or an IM app?

Just curious.

— Ron

Hey Ron,

Not to my knowledge – I did install a Trillian update recently, not aware of Bonjour being bundled with that – btw, it seems now that even if I leave Firefly running, it goes out every now and then and I have to go back to compmgmt.msc to get it going again…not sure what change I would have had to effect to make the behavior change like that, but there you have it – might uninstall/reinstall bonjour and firefly one of these days to see if it “self-corrects”

Lou

Osik
    Participant

Trillian needs Quicktime, i don’t no really how quicktime depends on bonjour, but i think if you install quicktime, bonjour don’t comes with it.

in the properties of the service you can setup what happens if the the services stops unexpectely. So you can let it restart automatically.

Maybe this does help.

Greetz

Osik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.