Firefly lost half of my music…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OneSmallYear
    Participant

I’m not a software genius by any means, but I know my way around my system, and this glitch really takes the cake.

I’m running Firefly 1.1b1 on a G4 ALbook with OS 10.4.8. I was listening to a Sigúr Rós album on my Soundbridge M1001, hit the “next track” button, and got an error message on-screen saying the song wasn’t playable, did I want to stop playback or try again. I tried again. Nothing. I stopped playback. Nothing.

Then, going into another playlist, playback started fine. Except I noticed my SB skipping past four or five songs every song change. I looked, and out of my 10600 songs in my iTunes library, Firefly was now only serving 6080. Huh? I did 18 million clean re-installs, downloaded the latest nightlies, the new beta, and it is still only finding around 6300 of my songs. Nothing has changed. I haven’t changed any settings. Mucked with my library. Did Firefly just…break?

This is what was in the log:

Session 0: Streaming file ‘Ny Batteri.mp3’ to 192.168.1.104 (offset 0)
    Rescanning database
    Feb 7 13:53:58 Cyclorama mt-daapd[1871]: Rescanning databasen
    Starting playlist scan
    Feb 7 13:54:03 Cyclorama mt-daapd[1871]: Starting playlist scann
    Scanned 6501 songs (was 10058) in 50 seconds
    Feb 7 13:54:48 Cyclorama mt-daapd[1871]: Scanned 6501 songs (was 10058) in 50 secondsn

Anyone see anything like this before?

fizze
    Participant

weird.
    you didnt delete half of your tunes, eventually? 😉

Since its a Mac, Im clueless. Try to delete the database file completely, and start up firefly again. This forces it to do a full and complete rescan. Maybe some file’s properties changed, preventing firefly from read-access…. 🙄

OneSmallYear
    Participant

I don’t know how this happened, and I’m not sure exactly what fixed it, but here goes:

In the Firefly prefs pane, under the ‘Advanced’ tab, the library location was pointing to /users/me/music. Which is, in a way, where my library is. However, I figured, I’d try and be more specific. I pointed it to:

/users/me/music/itunes

Started a new scan, and poof! All of the files are found again.

So, apparently… Firefly had a senior moment. As long as it doesn’t leave the iron on when it leaves the house, I’m fine. [/i]

rpedde
    Participant

@OneSmallYear wrote:

I don’t know how this happened, and I’m not sure exactly what fixed it, but here goes:

In the Firefly prefs pane, under the ‘Advanced’ tab, the library location was pointing to /users/me/music. Which is, in a way, where my library is. However, I figured, I’d try and be more specific. I pointed it to:

/users/me/music/itunes

Started a new scan, and poof! All of the files are found again.

So, apparently… Firefly had a senior moment. As long as it doesn’t leave the iron on when it leaves the house, I’m fine. [/i]

Is it possible there was a backup “itunes music library.xml” file in there? Like from an upgrade or something like that? And did the music used to be somewhere else?

I’m wondering if that’ what was making it mad. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.