Firefly .FLAC and replaygain?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stephenharrington

Hi, probably a dumb newbie question… apologies in advance, but I’ve had a search here first…

New to Firefly… still tweaking

I’ve got my entire music collection as .FLAC files on a RAID1 drive pair installed inside my “Media” Windows 2003 Server running Firefly to 2 X Roku SoundBridges, all running nicely…

I’m now grappling with the apparent “loudness” differences between a lot of songs/albums and am trying to come up with an approach for dealing with this…

I can see that FLAC can take a Vorbis Comment relating to a “replaygain” parameter, and presumably there is software available to calculate and apply this to the FLAC header… more research to do there, which I will…

What does Firefly do with this replaygain metadata, given that it is doing the transcoding from FLAC to WAV for streaming to the Roku’s… ???

Can anyone suggest good software for calculating/applying/managing the “replaygain” stuff?

Thanks for any help!

StephenH

rpedde
    Participant

What does Firefly do with this replaygain metadata, given that it is doing the transcoding from FLAC to WAV for streaming to the Roku’s… ???

It tosses it. 🙁

I have it on the 1.1 roadmap to map the different gain info from each of the music types and store that in the db (and present it to an iTunes client), and there has been some discussion of doing what you propose, but I don’t have a fixed timeline on that. Probably will happen at some point, but after the db refactor.

— Ron

stephenharrington

Ah well, at least I now know 🙂

Looking forward to further developments… but let me say how impressed I am with what you’ve achieved so far!

Regards,

StephenH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.