firefly and twonky on NSLU2?..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smallspeed

Hi, firstly im not much of a computer expert; i followed the how-to’s on various sites and managed to “unsling my slug” and install twonky, which is superb; its sending video pictures and music to my xbox360 and music to my soundbridge.. after tomorrows xbox360 firmware update which brings with it support for divx and avi playback my life will be complete.. ..almost!

I would really like to install firefly on my nslu2 as i have a mac with itunes and an ipod, and having my mp3 library stored on my mac aswell as a network device seems a bit redundant and twonky can’t act as an itunes server..

I have read one article on the web (think it was this forum) where someone installed twonky with firefly on an nslu2 so they could do both jobs (itunes server, plus file server for xbox/soundbridge) but I didnt have much details, so I decided to just give it a go.. I installed the latest nightly version as I have a pinnacle soundbridge and it seemed most compatible; while I can use twonky for this I didnt want to cause any compatibility issues

I installed firefly as per instructions and everything went well, except the output from firefly (when I did the process check through telnet) gave me loads of links to twonky folders and things which isnt what I was expecting and didnt tally with the expected output in the instructions; i probably got 20 lines returned and 1/2 had values relating to twonky folders already set-up..

I tried logging into the firefly web interface using the default port number from the instructions and it didnt know the location.. also when I tried the process to check if it was running again it didnt understand the command or the location or something..

I know this isnt necessarilly the place to ask questions about twonky, but I hope someone might be able to help me; is there some configuration I need to do in twonky to allow firefly to run or vice versa? have I done something really stupid? or am i attempting the impossible?..

Since installing I have not restarted my slug or tried anything other than whats written above.. I did enter the command to start the firefly server incase it was that, but it didnt understand that either so Im a bit worried to try anything else incase I brick my slug..

I would really appreciate any input and please remember Im not a computer genius like most of you guys, so step by step instructions would be a great help!..

ben

fizze
    Participant

@smallspeed wrote:

I know this isnt necessarilly the place to ask questions about twonky, but I hope someone might be able to help me; is there some configuration I need to do in twonky to allow firefly to run or vice versa? have I done something really stupid? or am i attempting the impossible?..

Since installing I have not restarted my slug or tried anything other than whats written above.. I did enter the command to start the firefly server incase it was that, but it didnt understand that either so Im a bit worried to try anything else incase I brick my slug..

I’m not running Twonky on my slug, but I do run Firefly, Wizd, Oxyl~Box, Cherokee, lighttpd, and countless other services, simultaneously.
    Rest assured, you do not need to configure firefly to do so. It plays nice with other programs out of the box. 😉

As for Twonky, I can’t really help you but to point you to obvious places, such as http://www.nslu2-linux.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.