Firefly an Maxtor Shared Storage II or Buffalo LS Homes. ?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly an Maxtor Shared Storage II or Buffalo LS Homes. ?

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    midi
    Participant

Sorry, i don´t understand.

There are to existing users set on the slug administration tab:

“guest”
    “admin”

Under “properties” i enabled “Create Private Folder (Share): Disk 2”. Under “advanced” “groups” access” the grpup user admin has RW rights.

The usb-hd ist connected to disk 2.

On the local network mask of Windows appaers:

admin 2 an Lkg298063
    admin an Lkg298063
    disk 2 an Lkg298063
    guest an Lkg 298063

When i click on the folder “admin 2 an Lkg 298063” you can see the different folders from “admin” to “upload” and the folder “share” with “hdd” and “data” in it. If i click on the “data” folder i get the message that i have no permission to open this folder.

All other folders (admin an Lkg298063 etc.) are empty.

So, what is the easiest way to get all my music files from the HD of my PC in the correct folder on my USB-HD connected to the NSLU2 at Disk 2 ?

I would be very happy about a step-to-step instruction…thanks !

rpedde
    Participant

@midi wrote:

Is it right that the music files must be in the folder “share/hdd/data/public/mp3” ?

If your hard drive is connected to disk 1, then that corresponds to a folder called “mp3” under DISK 1.

It *might* be that “/share/flash/data/public/mp3” is a folder called “mp3” under DISK 2, but I don’t know, I’m running a much older version of unslung.

Anyone?

Try that… Make a folder called “mp3” in DISK2, then try setting the folder to “/share/flash/data/public/mp3”, go to the web status page and hit “scan”, and see if it picks up the mp3 files in that folder.

midi
    Participant

Ok – i renamed all users, devices etc., same name, same password (i have read this in another forum).

Now the slug is called NSLU2.

Now under Windows/Network/Networkdevices appears

admin an NSLU2
    admin 2 an NSLU2 (i don´t understand why, because i created only “admin”)
    disk 2 an NSLU2
    guest an NSLU2

So it´s like it was before – i can´t open “admin 2 an NSLU2” because i shall not have the permssion. I can open “admin an NSLU2” an “guest an NSLU2” but there is nothing.

I can also open “disk 2 an NSLU2” and dropped a flac file there. This is possible, but FF shows after a full scan no files. The same, when i create a folder “mp3” on “disk 2 an NSLU2” and drop the flac file there.

The difference to yesterday is, that i can´t open the folders on “admin 2 an NSLU2”. This was yesterday possible ecept the folder “data”.

The hole thing seems to be not very logical to me. I´m thinking about installing Twonkymedia, which shall be easier to configure. But i want Firefly…

I need once again help…

midi
    Participant

I solved the problem:

On the firefly configuration menu i removed “share/hdd/data/public/data” and set “share/hdd”. Saving is possible, when you remove first all, i get no saving error “500general:mp3_dir” as before.

I copied some wav and flac files in “share/hdd” and that´s it.

Would it be a solution to avoid similiar problems for other users changing the library directory in FF-packages ?

rpedde
    Participant

@midi wrote:

I solved the problem:

On the firefly configuration menu i removed “share/hdd/data/public/data” and set “share/hdd”. Saving is possible, when you remove first all, i get no saving error “500general:mp3_dir” as before.

I copied some wav and flac files in “share/hdd” and that´s it.

Would it be a solution to avoid similiar problems for other users changing the library directory in FF-packages ?

Maybe, but I don’t know what’s right. Maybe I could set it to the public folders (DISK1/DISK2), but I don’t know what they correspond to.

DISK1 is /share/hdd/data/public, but I don’t know what the DISK2 share is, and I don’t know if it changed in different versions of unslung. Anyone?

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.