Firefly + Amarok = songs truncated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sdbd29
    Participant

Hi everybody

I’m using firefly for just few days but it really rocks ^^

My server runs ubuntu 7.04 with mt-daapd 0.2.4 (ubuntu package)

At home i’m using a mac with iTunes7.0.3 on my local network, the shared library is found and everything is Ok.

Since firefly is really great I want to use it every where, my Laptop running ubuntu 7.04 I’m trying to use my shared library over the internet using amarok feature.
    I specified my server adress, found the library, connected to it, added songs to the amarok playlist and play it ๐Ÿ˜€
    It rocks, well not exactly because amarok does not play end of songs, it pass to the next song.
    It does not depend on songs length (I tried with songs of 1min10 and 5min30), the truncated part has not always the same length (from 30s to 2min).

The mt-daapd logfile is ok : I mean there are no errors.

If anyone has a hint ?

My configuration :
    server: ubuntu 7.04 with firefly 0.2.4 package

client : ubuntu 7.04 with amarok 1.4.5 or 1.4.6 (I tested the two versions, same problem)

sdbd29
    Participant

I did a ssh tunnel redirecting my server:3689 to localhost:3689, to see if it works better.

Amarok can see my firefly library, and it works better but not perfectly !

Playing the same songs as previously, now between 5 and 15 seconds are skipped at the end.

I followed :
    http://wiki.mt-daapd.org/wiki/SSH_Tunnel

and more exactly this : http://nozell.com/blog/2006/11/29/access-a-remote-daap-share-by-tunneling-over-ssh-ubuntuedgy/
    for ubuntu (linux)

I do not manage to make Banshee find my library anyway, only Amarok can but still with truncated songs

sdbd29
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ณ Getting at home tonight, trying Amarok on my laptop in my local network –> same problem.

Seems to be a bug in amarok or my configuration of amarok. I’m gonna cry for help at Amarok forums ๐Ÿ˜‰

rpedde
    Participant

@sdbd29 wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ณ Getting at home tonight, trying Amarok on my laptop in my local network –> same problem.

Seems to be a bug in amarok or my configuration of amarok. I’m gonna cry for help at Amarok forums ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hrm… that’s kinda strange.

Are these mp3 files, or transcoded files?

sdbd29
    Participant

My files are mp3 files. And exatly the same files from the firefly server play well with iTunes.

In Amarok forum I found this :
    http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,13561.0.html
    the “bug” seems to exist with version 1.4.4, 1.4.5 and 1.4.6.

I’m going to try with banshee, in fact found why with ssh tunnel it doesn’t see my shared library …

hfeinman

I love mt-daapd, it gives me the freedom to select anything from my library and play on my HiFi with just a few keystrokes. But,

I also have this problem. I am running on a fedora 5 server, transcoding. Works fine on my XT laptop with itunes, truncates the last 5 or 10 seconds when using amarok on the server.

I see there is no further discussion of this topic over in the amarok forum. I’ll try adding my voice over there.

Thanks, H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.