File Size Limit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    johallen

I’m new to mt-daapd and recently set it up to work in concert with mythtv to provide video to itunes so I don’t have to always fire up mythfrontend. I have it working successfully but ran into a problem with a transcoded file over 2 gig. Is there a file size limitation with mt-daapd?

Thanks in Advance,
    John

rpedde
    Participant

@johallen wrote:

I’m new to mt-daapd and recently set it up to work in concert with mythtv to provide video to itunes so I don’t have to always fire up mythfrontend. I have it working successfully but ran into a problem with a transcoded file over 2 gig. Is there a file size limitation with mt-daapd?

Thanks in Advance,
    John

Yes, there very likely is. I haven’t used large file semantics, as I handn’t figured that music files would be over 2g. With video, I guess that has changed.

Supposed I should probably do something about that. :/

nathanziarek
    Participant

Well, that explains that πŸ™‚

Stupid me spent like two hours encoding, reencoding, muxing, thinking the file was bad somehow.

I can’t imagine there will be a ton of videos over 2 gig, although with Handbrake specifying 3000kbps for the AppleTV, movies will climb pretty big pretty fast…

rpedde
    Participant

@nathanziarek wrote:

Well, that explains that πŸ™‚

Stupid me spent like two hours encoding, reencoding, muxing, thinking the file was bad somehow.

I can’t imagine there will be a ton of videos over 2 gig, although with Handbrake specifying 3000kbps for the AppleTV, movies will climb pretty big pretty fast…

k.. opened a ticket for it, now I just need to make a 2g m4v file. D’oh!

nathanziarek
    Participant

I’m sure it would take longer to dl than to run one yourself, but I’ve got a hinted h264 mp4 that’s over 2g.

All of my really big files come from ripping DVDs with HandBrake. The big problem right now is that, at least on my machine, qt-quickstart tells me the file is too big and MP4Box gives me an “out-of-memory” error, so I couldn’t find an easy way to hint them (supposedly forthcoming in HandBrake). Since I wanted to test it, I made a hinted file with QuickTime Pro.

If you’d like it to test with, let me know. I’d prefer not to post the url and have my little server burst into flames πŸ™‚

Nate

rpedde
    Participant

@nathanziarek wrote:

I’m sure it would take longer to dl than to run one yourself, but I’ve got a hinted h264 mp4 that’s over 2g.

All of my really big files come from ripping DVDs with HandBrake. The big problem right now is that, at least on my machine, qt-quickstart tells me the file is too big and MP4Box gives me an “out-of-memory” error, so I couldn’t find an easy way to hint them (supposedly forthcoming in HandBrake). Since I wanted to test it, I made a hinted file with QuickTime Pro.

If you’d like it to test with, let me know. I’d prefer not to post the url and have my little server burst into flames πŸ™‚

Nate

I’ll probably just make one the same way then.

Thanks.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@nathanziarek wrote:

All of my really big files come from ripping DVDs with Handbrake. The big problem right now is that, at least on my machine, qt-quickstart tells me the file is too big and MP4Box gives me an “out-of-memory” error, so I couldn’t find an easy way to hint them (supposedly forthcoming in HandBrake). Since I wanted to test it, I made a hinted file with QuickTime Pro.

Nate

Ron,

Did you get anywhere with this? I have a few movie files I’ve wripped from Handbrake that are 2.1GB that I would love to watch via mt-daapd. I looked for a trac system where you might have created a ticket but couldn’t find one.

-c

rpedde
    Participant

@blunck2 wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@nathanziarek wrote:

All of my really big files come from ripping DVDs with Handbrake. The big problem right now is that, at least on my machine, qt-quickstart tells me the file is too big and MP4Box gives me an “out-of-memory” error, so I couldn’t find an easy way to hint them (supposedly forthcoming in HandBrake). Since I wanted to test it, I made a hinted file with QuickTime Pro.

Nate

Ron,

Did you get anywhere with this? I have a few movie files I’ve wripped from Handbrake that are 2.1GB that I would love to watch via mt-daapd. I looked for a trac system where you might have created a ticket but couldn’t find one.

-c

http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/ticket/227

no, I really haven’t. I keep getting bugged about it though, so I’ll eventually get to it. It’s on my “fix before stable” list.

I’m still working on the db rewrite. It’s working (mostly) right now, in that I can connect, browse, and do queries. Still some work to do, but I hope to drop a new nightly soon, as it’s at least working now.

Once that’s all stable and stuff, I’m going to pound on bugs, and that’s where that will come in.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron,

I posted a comment on the ticket.

Can you add me to the Cc: so that I get a notification when you update it?

-chris

Anonymous
    Inactive

40 meg mpeg4 file will crash my firefly server, I just deleted it and soing better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.