experimental JAVA applet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hellsblade

Hi,

I use the mt-daapd on an NSLU2.

I think the experimental JAVA applet is a great feature. (for streaming in the workplace for one.
    But is there still development on this?
    I’d like to see the possibility to sort the colums and see a track number as default sort order. Or make a selection play random. I have not yet implemneted any smartplaylist yet.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the possiblillty to redirect the output to a local (USB ) audio device?
    I know MPD gives me the possibillity to do this, but there is no package for UNSLUNG. And i can’t install the tarball. I get an error on AOlib. but that is installed bt the mt-daapd package. All ideas are welcome.

rgds,
    Hellsblade

Post edited by: hellsblade, at: 2006/02/03 19:17

Post edited by: hellsblade, at: 2006/02/03 19:18

rpedde
    Participant

Sorry… the java applet isn’t mine, it came from here:

http://www.petzall.se/daap/, I’m just distributing it because it seemed helpful.

I’m of the opinion that if you are looking for a web-based player, where the playlist and play order and stuff are arranged on the web side, I think you are best served with slim server.

— Ron

Hellsblade

thx ron,

I thought so. I still think its a very nice gadget it only consumes about 28Kb bandwith (this is an average when you take a closer look it peaks to 64Kb every 2 seconds) and plays very smooth. When i try the shh redirect trick with rendevouz and use itunes the iTunes client is constantly reconnecting to refill the buffer.

I just installed slimserver 6.2.1, but its really slow and very memory intensive so to speak. I think my slug is going up in smoke when it is ready indexing my 40Gb mp3 dir 🙂 . I hope someone (mr Petzold maybe) will pick up the glove and do some more serious JAVA programming on the applet.

Rgds,
    Henk

rpedde
    Participant

heh. I would like that too. Sadly, I’m not really a java person, so I’m not the one that would be working on it.

Wonder if Mr. Petzold could be talked into hosting a sourceforge project or something.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

Erp. Sorry about the name. Too much time with “Programming Windows 3.1”, apparently.

I didn’t really check — are the sources in the tarball? And do you have an updated version?

I wouldn’t be opposed to hosting it as part of mt-daapd or something, just so everyone knew where it was. I probably wouldn’t be developing on it actively, but I could certainly act as a clearinghouse for patches or something.

Let me know if you would be interested in something like that.

It makes sense to me to build a sourceforge project or something, and as I’ve already committed to the time required to manage a project like that, I could take that over as well.

Just let me know.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

Slimserver is nice. And if that’s what you are trying to do with it, it’s a perfect fit. I think what it does and what mt-daapd does are orthogonal, although many seem to want something that is somewhere halfway between the two. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.