Errors & inconsistencies with build 1519 Firefly shell X

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Errors & inconsistencies with build 1519 Firefly shell X

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hans.t
    Participant

After booting my PC the firefly icon sits in the tray and hoovering over it gives the statement: server is active.

Opening the shell, on the second tab the information states that the server is not active! I need to have administration rights (which I have on this PC) to make it active. Also I can not change the port number.

I can however open the web-interface. Everything seems to be running fine there as well, I can change everything, save it and it is ok. However, when I than go back to the shell and click on either OK or cancel I get an error message stating that an error has occurred and that the application must be shut down. The following signature of the eror is given.

AppName: fireflyshell.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1519 ModName: fireflyshell.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.1519 Offset: 00003c60

Moreover, looking at logfile (firefly shell states that logging has been disabled while I do have a log file in the firefly directory) it starts with the statement: Firefly Version svn-1498: starting with debuglevel 2 while in the about section it states 1519 as version.

In short: not there yet

dscycler
    Participant

Same behavior with fireflyshell.exe on Vista. Fortunately the service keeps on running and serving up music to my M1000.

The Vista Applications log entry:
    Faulting application FireflyShell.exe, version 1.0.0.1519, time stamp 0x46133212, faulting module FireflyShell.exe, version 1.0.0.1519, time stamp 0x46133212, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00003c60, process id 0x1010, application start time 0x01c777ac23ecb831.

k3n85
    Participant

are you able to hit any buttons under the server tab w/o the shell crashing? I hit the ‘ X ‘ , OK, Cancel and all seem to crash the shell … and I think that because it’s not realizing your admin leads to those inconsistencies. As I see the same thing are you like showing my shared folder being C:Music and not what the web shows.

dscycler
    Participant

It looks to me like the web interface is displaying the iTunes library .xml file location. And the fireflyshell is reading and displaying the location of the defined iTunes music folder location. I suppose that location is stored in the .xml file. As I recall this is not how it behaved in previous versions but it works none the less.

rpedde
    Participant

@hans.t wrote:

After booting my PC the firefly icon sits in the tray and hoovering over it gives the statement: server is active.

Opening the shell, on the second tab the information states that the server is not active! I need to have administration rights (which I have on this PC) to make it active. Also I can not change the port number.

I can however open the web-interface. Everything seems to be running fine there as well, I can change everything, save it and it is ok. However, when I than go back to the shell and click on either OK or cancel I get an error message stating that an error has occurred and that the application must be shut down. The following signature of the eror is given.

AppName: fireflyshell.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1519 ModName: fireflyshell.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.1519 Offset: 00003c60

Moreover, looking at logfile (firefly shell states that logging has been disabled while I do have a log file in the firefly directory) it starts with the statement: Firefly Version svn-1498: starting with debuglevel 2 while in the about section it states 1519 as version.

In short: not there yet

Yes. I think I accidentally committed something old over the top of something new. I was more focused on getting the stupid installer working.. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.