Error when saving from web administration interface

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Error when saving from web administration interface

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BiggPappa
    Participant

I just reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and all updates, and have installed Firefly version svn-1489. I am unable to save any changes I make through the web administration utility, such as adding additional music folders to the one I selected during installation.

In Firefox (I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.1) I get no error message when I hit “save,” but nothing happens — changes I make to configuration tab do not save.

In Internet Explorer 7.0, I get the following error message: “Error on Page,” with the details of the error being “Line: 519 Char: 7 Error: ‘ConfigInitialValues.getValue(…)’is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: http://localhost:9999/config.html

Any ideas of what I need to do? I have already tried uninstalling Firefly, deleting the Firefly folder, and reinstalling — I still have the same problem. Thanks for your help!

rpedde
    Participant

@BiggPappa wrote:

I just reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and all updates, and have installed Firefly version svn-1489. I am unable to save any changes I make through the web administration utility, such as adding additional music folders to the one I selected during installation.

In Firefox (I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.1) I get no error message when I hit “save,” but nothing happens — changes I make to configuration tab do not save.

In Internet Explorer 7.0, I get the following error message: “Error on Page,” with the details of the error being “Line: 519 Char: 7 Error: ‘ConfigInitialValues.getValue(…)’is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: http://localhost:9999/config.html

Any ideas of what I need to do? I have already tried uninstalling Firefly, deleting the Firefly folder, and reinstalling — I still have the same problem. Thanks for your help!

Check permissions on the firefly.ini in the program filesfirefly media server folder. It should have read and write for the user the service is running as (LocalSystem or SYSTEM by default).

That’s the only thing I can think offhand. Does the logfile tell you anything? It’s firefly.log in the same directory, or the “log” tab on the applet shows the last few lines.

indierocksteve
    Participant

I’m noticing this as well, I tired to add a second music folder and the changes don’t hold. I’m using firefox so I don’t see anything like BiggPappa noticed.

BiggPappa
    Participant

Check permissions on the firefly.ini in the program filesfirefly media server folder. It should have read and write for the user the service is running as (LocalSystem or SYSTEM by default).

That’s the only thing I can think offhand. Does the logfile tell you anything? It’s firefly.log in the same directory, or the “log” tab on the applet shows the last few lines.[/quote]

I tried changing the permissions for the folder I installed firefly to; they were already set up for read/write access by all users.

Here is a message I get from my logfile after I start firefly:

2007-01-25 00:03:22 (0fbaa37e): Firefly Version svn-1489: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-01-25 00:03:22 (0fbaa37e): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2007-01-25 00:03:22 (0fbaa37e): Building drive mapping table from F:Program FilesFirefly Media Servermapping.ini
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): Misc SQL Error: no such table: config
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Can’t get db version. New database?
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Initializing database
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Full reload…
    2007-01-25 00:03:23 (0fbaa37e): Starting mp3 scan

It then successfully scans the folder that I selected during the firefly installation.

Note that I am having the same problem in both IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 so I don’t think it’s a browser issue. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

rpedde
    Participant

@BiggPappa wrote:

What abou the logfile when it fails to set the info via the web page?

BiggPappa
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@BiggPappa wrote:

There is nothing in the logfile from the time I try to save changes to the web administration page.

I upgraded to the latest nightly of Firefly svn-1498 and I am still having this issue.

rpedde
    Participant

@BiggPappa wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@BiggPappa wrote:

There is nothing in the logfile from the time I try to save changes to the web administration page.

I upgraded to the latest nightly of Firefly svn-1498 and I am still having this issue.

I just installed Visduh today in a vm, so I have an IE 7 machine to use as a crash test, so I’ll try to replicate this.

— Ron

BiggPappa
    Participant

I just installed Visduh today in a vm, so I have an IE 7 machine to use as a crash test, so I’ll try to replicate this.

— Ron[/quote]

Just to clarify; this error happens in both Firefox 2.0.0.1 and IE7. Thanks for your help on this.

busterswt

Just wanted to let you know that I am seeing the exact same behavior with the configuration page in IE7 and FireFox 2.0.

Guy
    Participant

Same issue – Firefox and IE – Is there a workaround to add another music folder?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.