Error reading config file. Build 1417 on FC4

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Error reading config file. Build 1417 on FC4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    niamh
    Participant

[root@fedora mt-daapd-svn-1417]# /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start
    Starting DAAP server: Error reading config file (/usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf)
    [FAILED]

Copying mt-daapd.conf from /etc to /usr/local/etc enables Firefly to start… but Shouldn’t /etc be the right place for the file?

rpedde
    Participant

@niamh wrote:

[root@fedora mt-daapd-svn-1417]# /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start
    Starting DAAP server: Error reading config file (/usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf)
    [FAILED]

Copying mt-daapd.conf from /etc to /usr/local/etc enables Firefly to start… but Shouldn’t /etc be the right place for the file?

Perhaps. It is if you configure it with –prefix=/usr, but when you use /usr/local as the prefix, it uses $PREFIX/etc.

I thought that was already fixed though. Maybe not.

— Ron

niamh
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Perhaps. It is if you configure it with –prefix=/usr, but when you use /usr/local as the prefix, it uses $PREFIX/etc.

I thought that was already fixed though. Maybe not.

— Ron

I used-
    [root@fedora mt-daapd-svn-1417]# ./configure –prefix=/usr/local –sysconfdir=/etc –enable-sqlite

So I’d expect the path as specified in sysconfdir to be used as specified… though if of course I’d specified –sysconfdir=etc then I’d expect it to use what it does.

Whatever it was only a very minor problem easily overcome

rpedde
    Participant

@niamh wrote:

I used-
    [root@fedora mt-daapd-svn-1417]# ./configure –prefix=/usr/local –sysconfdir=/etc –enable-sqlite

Ah, yes. The sysconfdir bug is a known bug, as is putting the shared libraries in pkgdir rather than libdir. Just that armwrestling autoconf is so much work that i tend to put it off as long as I can. :-/

But thanks for reminding me. Maybe I’m sufficiently rested up to tackle it again. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.