Error: 500general:mp3_dir

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    blamm
    Participant

Hi. Every time I change my Firefly config through the web interface the change appears to work but the interface reports an error.

e.g. if I set a new music folder I get the following:

I have tried creating a new one useing the example but still get errors.

Any suggestions?

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi. Every time I change my Firefly config through the web interface the change appears to work but the interface reports an error.

e.g. if I set a new music folder I get the following:

I have tried creating a new one useing the example but still get errors.

Any suggestions?

That’s actually a long standing bug. I keep meaning to look at it because it ticks me off, but just haven’t done it yet. It’s definitely a “my fault” issue, though.

— Ron

blamm
    Participant

Seems to be fixed in 1695. Ta

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Seems to be fixed in 1695. Ta

ya huh. you shamed me into it. 🙂

— Ron

jgoor
    Participant

Considering the fact that this buggy firefly is included into the most adopted Linux distro (Ubuntu Gutsy), I hope this will get your maximum attention.

At this moment eg. I csnnot use my Roku the way I wanted to, only because I did an upgrade to Gusty, being ‘state of the art’ technology.

I see there’s no .deb package yet. When do you expect one to be available?
    Regards

rpedde
    Participant

@jgoor wrote:

Considering the fact that this buggy firefly is included into the most adopted Linux distro (Ubuntu Gutsy), I hope this will get your maximum attention.

At this moment eg. I csnnot use my Roku the way I wanted to, only because I did an upgrade to Gusty, being ‘state of the art’ technology.

I see there’s no .deb package yet. When do you expect one to be available?
    Regards

I’m not sure you understand the forces that drive open source software.

I’m also going to hope that the tone of your message was due to language translation issues, and answer civilly rather than with the terse reply I was tempted to.

This isn’t my job. I do this for personal enjoyment. I hope to have something for gutsy soon, but I’m not sure when.

In the meantime, perhaps now is a good time to learn about compiling your own software.

jgoor
    Participant

I’m afraid the tone was right (I might regret it, but i’m not going t lie about it), but it was not my intention to offend you.
    I assume the word ‘buggy’ did it, since after a re-read I cannot find anything wrong in the post.

I was just wandering why a distro that “just works” (Ubuntu) has something in it that does not work. I do not blame you, probably just no-one tested it when slamming it into Gutsy.

Don’t blame me for being a little bit disappointed when my favourite little piece of software does NOT work. (in fact, be proud. most software that do not appear to work, are replaed by some competitor and it doesn’t even bother me to not retry it lateron)

You reply suggests that you are the one and only developer. Is that correct?

In the mean time, I’ll be waiting patiently for a working .deb file. (I am a deliberate ‘noob’ and I tend to stay that way)

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

What do you mean by “my favourite little piece of software does NOT work”?

I am also an absolute beginner with linux and I got it working with Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. As a matter of fact, it works better than my earlier version with Windoze and NAS devices.

jgoor
    Participant

well,
    * vanilla install Gutsy server edition
    * apt-get install apache2
    * apt-get install mt-daapd

http://serveraddress:3689
    Every change in the config I make, I get ‘Error: 500general:mp3_dir’ as result.

My assumption is that it is due to firefly.
    Especially since Ron confirmed it’s a known bug.

Weird that your firefly works fine.
    We are talking exactly the same Gutsy here? Vanilla, not a beta release or upgrade? I installed it from scratch, with only apache2 and firefly…

S80_UK
    Participant

@jgoor wrote:

Every change in the config I make, I get ‘Error: 500general:mp3_dir’ as result.

My assumption is that it is due to firefly.
    Especially since Ron confirmed it’s a known bug.

You are right – this is a Firefly bug and it was around for quite a while. But it’s really only a minor inconvenience. If you make one change at a time to the config using the web interface the changes will be made and you can generally ignore this error. Of course, you can also edit the config file directly using your preferred editor.

I think you may have irritated a few folks here with your “buggy” comment – the reality is that Firefly is much less buggy than many such server applications, including commercial software. “Buggy” could be taken to imply much worse problems than that which you mentioned. The very latest nightly releases are always to be regarded as works in progress and may have minor or major bugs. But apart from the error that you mentioned, version 1586 is pretty stable with many of us using it long term (not sure what version you have though).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.