Edgy Very Happy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been anxiously awaiting a nightly for Edgy. I replaced 2.4 stable (from source) with the 1498 Edgy package. I had no trouble installing it and it works great with the M-1001.

THANKS! 😀

rpedde
    Participant

@action wrote:

I’ve been anxiously awaiting a nightly for Edgy. I replaced 2.4 stable (from source) with the 1498 Edgy package. I had no trouble installing it and it works great with the M-1001.

THANKS! 😀

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

— Ron

robinson
    Participant

I installed firefly svn-1498 on a fresh Edgy. First it runs fine but after a few minutes it doesn’t show up in my iTunes but the mt-daapd runs itself. Only the Bonjour part does’t work. After I shut down the computer and reboot it after several minutes I have it back to work for these few minutes. What’s going wrong?

rpedde
    Participant

@robinson wrote:

I installed firefly svn-1498 on a fresh Edgy. First it runs fine but after a few minutes it doesn’t show up in my iTunes but the mt-daapd runs itself. Only the Bonjour part does’t work. After I shut down the computer and reboot it after several minutes I have it back to work for these few minutes. What’s going wrong?

That’s almost always firewall stopping inbound udp to 224.0.0.251 port 5353.

Do you have a firewall of any kind running?

robinson
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@robinson wrote:

That’s almost always firewall stopping inbound udp to 224.0.0.251 port 5353.

Do you have a firewall of any kind running?

Thanks for reply, but I tested it out without firewall and that’s not the problem.
    Then I tried start firefly with /sbin/mt-daapd -f and can see it in iTunes again without rebooting. But again after a few minutes firefly disappears.
    I think (but don’t know how to prove it), it depends on the built in mdns and the avahi daemon on ubuntu.
    Maybe I could try to compile from the source by myself but I’m not shure how to do it exactly including avahi instead of its own mdns.
    After I installed samba I coudn’t start firefly at all.
    I typed /sbin/mt-daapd -f in a terminal and get the following message

Firefly Version svn-1498: Starting with debuglevel 2
      Starting rendezvous daemon
      Starting signal handler
      Initializing database
      Starting web server from /usr/share/mt-daapd/admin-root on port 3689
      Listen port: Address already in use
      Error staring web server: Address already in use
      Aborting
      Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
      Aborting
    robinson
    Participant

Now I know the problem. After installing Avahi Zeroconfig Browser on my Ubuntu I realized, that mdns still running. Then I connected my MacBook Pro with an ethernet cable instead of the wireless connection and it works like a charm. Now I guess, it comes from my Netgear WLAN router. Maybe I find a way to fix this.

rpedde
    Participant

@robinson wrote:

Now I know the problem. After installing Avahi Zeroconfig Browser on my Ubuntu I realized, that mdns still running. Then I connected my MacBook Pro with an ethernet cable instead of the wireless connection and it works like a charm. Now I guess, it comes from my Netgear WLAN router. Maybe I find a way to fix this.

Ah, yeah… my dad had the same problem with his netgear. Updating the firmware fixed it.

— Ron

robinson
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@robinson wrote:

Ah, yeah… my dad had the same problem with his netgear. Updating the firmware fixed it.

— Ron

I updated the firmware earlier today and now it works!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.