DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I found the switch on my DLink G624T router to enable IGMP snooping at last (see above). Its on the QoS page. Enabling this now means Soundbridge can see the Linkstation Firelfy library (hurrah), but only if I leave Bonjour running on the PC (bah!). Have started another thread for this (http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=8208).

irjason

I’m coming in a bit late to the game here. I found this thread after I upgraded the firmware on my DIR-655. I have hardware version A1, and my Roku m-500s were working fine wirelessly with firmware 1.02. I upgraded to 1.21 and my Soundbridges could no longer see Firefly over the wireless. I tried for an hour or so adjusting settings to no avail. Finally I decided to downgrage to 1.02 again.

After some searching on D-Link’s site I saw that they do not have firmware version 1.02 available for download directly. Snooping about on their ftp server, I was delighted to find it still there. Unfortunately downgrading directly from 1.21 to 1.02 was not possible. I was finally able to get back to 1.02 by downgrading from 1.21 to 1.11 then to 1.02.

If you’re having trouble and your router is able to run version 1.02 you might want to give this a try. Be sure to back up your settings first!

You can find the firmares here:
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/

dbsanders

I had the same problem with firmware 1.21. Now there is a new beta firmware version, 1.22 beta 5, and it seems to resolve the issue. I just upgraded and it seems stable so far (a couple hours). My Roku now sees my Firefly server from wired to wireless!

Download from D-Link FTP:
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/dir655_firmware_122b05_beta.zip

CtrlX
    Participant

I tried the beta upgrade, but still no luck 🙁
    Has anyone else got it working with the new beta-firmware?

toecheese
    Participant

the beta firmware doesn’t work for me, either.

toecheese
    Participant

anyone ever have any luck with this? I’ve tried firmware 1.32NA and it still won’t see firefly or iTunes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi toecheese

I reported problems earlier in this thread last year with my DSL-624T router. That died last week and I replaced it with a DSL-2740B. All the problems I have with firefly on my linsktation NAS have now gone; all Soundbridges connect instantly to firefly, do not lose the server in the menu and I no longer need bonjour running on a PC. All this happened out of the box, no additional settings needed changing on the router. If you need a router with an ADSL modem included, then I would recommend it.

It does seem odd why router firmware from the same manufacturer should behave differently on their various models.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.