29th May 2005 at 12:39 am #65capitalfellowGuest
Has anyone else seen this problem? I used iTunes 4.7 (recently updated to 4.8) to rip all my music onto a central linux server running Fedora Core 3 via a Samba share. The iTunes library shows me that I have 22 genres. Using mt-daapd, I share that music back out and when I look at the shared music iTunes mounts it seems I have 26 genres. Songs that are listed in the Library as one genre are listed as a completely different genre when shared.
I’ve had mt-daapd rescan the files. I’ve stopped the mt-daapd service, and deleted /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.gdb, and restarted mt-daapd. Neither of these corrected the differences. I wrote a quick perl script using the MP3::Info package because I believe that package uses the same id3 libraries that mt-daapd uses. I passed the script the file paths to some of the offending songs and the ID3 information read out of from the files matches what the iTunes Library says.
So I’m stuck. Have I found a legitimate bug to file? Are their suggestions for how to correct the behaviour?
It’s the only thing I don’t really like about this software. Thanks guys.29th May 2005 at 11:35 am #3352rpeddeParticipant
Find an incorrect file and email it to me at ron at pedde.com.
— Ron29th May 2005 at 2:02 pm #3353rpeddeParticipant
Wait… disregard… if the *real* genre starts with a number (like “90’s Pop” or something), then it probably gets turned into a bogus winamp genre.
If that’s what you are seeing — bad genres where the first character is a digit, then I’ve got that fixed in cvs. If that’s not it, then email it to me.
I hope to do some experimenting with iTunes/Windows this weekend and have this fix as well as some iTunes xml fixes up by the end of the weekend.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.